Where can I download ujCategories ?

nixt
@nixt
10 years ago
26 posts
For a reason I can't see it in your Marketplace... Thanks for your help :)
updated by @nixt: 06/29/14 01:18:46PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
The reason is that it is still in a Private Release channel. I still have a few things to finish off on it, and I haven't decided a price yet.

If you need to use it/want to buy it let me know and I'll get something sorted to get you access to it. If you do want to do that, make sure you have installed one of the free modules so that you already exist within the license system and I should be able to get that into another channel and available to you via invite.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)

updated by @ultrajam: 02/03/14 01:23:47AM
nixt
@nixt
10 years ago
26 posts
Well I am interested in this module because I created a module with Aparna to sell zip files that have an audio demo to show along with their descriptions. Now I need to find the best way to sort them by genre, category, date, rating, etc... And with a nice presentation too. I'm using iskin 3 which already has a nice sorting system for audio files or video files and I was trying to figure out how I could adapt the existing templates to my module. But so far I haven't succeeded.
So your module seems like a good and probably easier way to do what I want.
What do you think ?
updated by @nixt: 02/03/14 04:07:33AM
nixt
@nixt
10 years ago
26 posts
I already have a few of your free modules btw..
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
I don't think categories will help you with that. It provides you with urls which will subdivide on categories or genres or similar, allowing easy navigation of the cat/genres, and a means of managing them.

If you do want to try it let me know which site you want a temporary license generated for and I'll send an invite for the channel.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
nixt
@nixt
10 years ago
26 posts
I'd like to try if that's ok. The site is www.getthatsound.net
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
I've created a license for the marketplace - first time I've done that so let me know if you have any problems installing the module.

Any feedback would be very welcome.

Thanks

--
nixt
@nixt
10 years ago
26 posts
Thanks a lot. I will keep you posted !
nixt
@nixt
10 years ago
26 posts
Actually I have received the licence but it doesn't appear in my marketplace and when I try to download it from the JR website, I get this message : "Error: Downloads of Private Channel marketplace items are blocked"
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
I've posted to the jamroom network forum to find out where the module should appear, so I'll let you know when I hear something.

--
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Try Michaels suggestion here:
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/forum/using-jamroom/5936/private-channel-license-invite

--
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
I've just sent you an invite to the channel (which I think was the missing step), so try subscribing to that channel and the module will probably appear in your marketplace.

--
nixt
@nixt
10 years ago
26 posts
Thanks for your efforts, I was able to install it and try it. It does what I want except that I would like to combine several categories for one module. In the end I'd like to be able to have several drop down menus on top of the page and chose for example :
Genre : Electro
Type : Midi File
Software Required : Cubase
And get the results of the products matching the 3 criterias.
Do you think it's possible with ujCategories ? Or will it be possible in the future ?
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Categories won't do that for you, but I am using sorting and filtering javascript in another module so it will probably be possible in the future.

--
nixt
@nixt
10 years ago
26 posts
Do you have any idea when it will be available ? I'd like to know if I can afford to wait for it or if I should try and tweak iskin3 to do it myself. This feature is crucial to my website...
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Idea as to when it might be available? Difficult question, between 3 and 6 months would be my best guess, but that depends on what happens in the mean time.

Personally speaking, if I needed a crucial feature and could do it myself, I would almost always choose to do it myself, even if it took much longer.

That said, this evening I've been thinking about Brian's post here (third post down) and I think I'm going to adopt a similar way of working.:
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/forum/announcements/5017/new-profile-daily-limits-free-module

So if you are interested in sponsoring development in this direction (filtering and sorting across category pages is what I think you are specifically interested in), let me know.

--
nixt
@nixt
10 years ago
26 posts
I'm not the one who brings the money into this project but I will inform him about this sponsoring possibility. Would that make the development quicker ?
In the meantime I will try to do it myself but I'm not sure I will be successful.
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Yes, sponsorship could move it up the queue.

--
BeatRelease
BeatRelease
@beatrelease
10 years ago
43 posts
SteveX:
The reason is that it is still in a Private Release channel. I still have a few things to finish off on it, and I haven't decided a price yet.

If you need to use it/want to buy it let me know and I'll get something sorted to get you access to it. If you do want to do that, make sure you have installed one of the free modules so that you already exist within the license system and I should be able to get that into another channel and available to you via invite.

I'm interested in this as well is it possible I can get an invite?
Raja
Raja
@raja
10 years ago
3 posts
bump
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Raja:
bump

cynical?

--
Raja
Raja
@raja
10 years ago
3 posts
SteveX:
Raja:
bump

cynical?

oh yea
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
cnt (count)

gone to bed

--

updated by @ultrajam: 03/05/14 03:22:59PM
Raja
Raja
@raja
10 years ago
3 posts
5*
nixt
@nixt
10 years ago
26 posts
Hi Steve,
After discussing with my partner for this website we would like to sponsor your module for sorting elements. This is really something I don't have the skills to do myself.
How much would it cost for a quick result ?
Thanks for your answer.
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
I'll need to look at the modules again to assess that, which I can't do until next week.

If you create a new thread about this with a description of how you would ideally like this to work, that would be helpful.

Thanks

--
nixt
@nixt
10 years ago
26 posts
Hi Steve,
I created a new topic... Did you have a chance to take a look ? Thanks a lot...

Tags