solved Private channel license invite

SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
I've created a license for a module still in a private channel and sent nixt an invite, but the module can't be found in the marketplace. I had assumed that it would appear, but I might not be understanding how this is supposed to work.

nixt:
Actually I have received the licence but it doesn't appear in my marketplace and when I try to download it from the JR website, I get this message : "Error: Downloads of Private Channel marketplace items are blocked"

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)

updated by @ultrajam: 03/08/14 04:01:34PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Also, the forum here seems to be wierd today - I post and the post doesn't appear. I try to delete one of my posts (in the ultrajam forum) and it tells me I don't have the privileges to perform that action.

It could be my isp, but thought it worth mentioning in case anyone else has noticed this.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Nice new "my posts" feature!!! I just noticed that that had been added, very handy :)

Bit of a glitch, when I go to my list of recent posts and click on the forum for the last post (in the-jamroom-network "Using Jamroom" forum it takes me to my ultrajam forum instead - the profile name is wrong:
https://www.jamroom.net/ultrajam/forum/using-jamroom

--
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Also, the link to the actual thread is wrong, but does actually show the jamroomnetwork forum topic, but it appears in my profile forum instead.

This screenshot taken on my profile, but the thread is on the-jamroom-network forum:
forum-glitch.png
forum-glitch.png  •  401KB

--

updated by @ultrajam: 02/03/14 03:33:02PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
SteveX:
Nice new "my posts" feature!!! I just noticed that that had been added, very handy :)

Bit of a glitch, when I go to my list of recent posts and click on the forum for the last post (in the-jamroom-network "Using Jamroom" forum it takes me to my ultrajam forum instead - the profile name is wrong:
https://www.jamroom.net/ultrajam/forum/using-jamroom

Note that this isn't the "My Posts" tab (I've only just spotted that one), but the list page which you arrive at when clicking the number of posts under my user image

--
michael
@michael
10 years ago
7,697 posts
SteveX:
I've created a license for a module still in a private channel and sent nixt an invite, but the module can't be found in the marketplace. I had assumed that it would appear, but I might not be understanding how this is supposed to work.

nixt:
Actually I have received the licence but it doesn't appear in my marketplace and when I try to download it from the JR website, I get this message : "Error: Downloads of Private Channel marketplace items are blocked"

Nixt might need to go into the TOOLS tab of his marketplace. There there is a button marked "Release Channels" which takes you to:
site.com/marketplace/release_channels

in there there is a message that reads "If you have received a private channel invitation, enter the invite code below" and a box to enter it into.

There is also an existing channel next to STABLE that is labeled BETA with a button marked "Make This Channel Active".

Try those options.

--edit--
(Looks like this screenshot)
updated by @michael: 02/03/14 07:33:31PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Thanks Michael, I'll let him know.

--
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
Another thing I noticed, although I sent the invite and nixt received it, the invite doesnt show in the Invites tab:
/ultrajam/networkmarket/invite_browser

Arrgghh, that is the problem then, I'll send an invite as well as the license!

--

updated by @ultrajam: 02/05/14 02:33:31AM
brian
@brian
10 years ago
10,144 posts
SteveX:
Another thing I noticed, although I sent the invite and nixt received it, the invite doesnt show in the Invites tab:
/ultrajam/networkmarket/invite_browser

I'll check this out. Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
brian
@brian
10 years ago
10,144 posts
I just tested here and I am not seeing any issue with this - invite shows in browser.

--
Brian Johnson
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
SteveX:
Sorry Brian, I should have made that edit more prominent. I had created and sent the license but hadn't sent the invite for the channel.

I did then send the invite, Nixt installed the module this afternoon and everything worked fine.

The license features are cool and I'm sure I'll find my way through the process easier second time through.

--
brian
@brian
10 years ago
10,144 posts
SteveX:
SteveX:
Sorry Brian, I should have made that edit more prominent. I had created and sent the license but hadn't sent the invite for the channel.

I did then send the invite, Nixt installed the module this afternoon and everything worked fine.

The license features are cool and I'm sure I'll find my way through the process easier second time through.

Got it - thanks for the followup...

--
Brian Johnson

Tags