solved Intermittent error storing gallery map data

iamtimbo
@iamtimbo
9 years ago
301 posts
Ocasionally (but getting more regular in last couple of days), the image location is not storing properly - it's usually gallery_googlemaps_lat. As you can see from attachment, in the datastore browser, the value is absent, but if you choose the modify button, there is a an accurate value for gallery_googlemaps_lat.

What is odd is that it almost seems to be some characteristic of the image. If the value doesn't 'take', you can't edit it manually - that images map will always be broken. So you delete the image and try again - same result. Took two hours yesterday to get one image in, and even then I had to upload a different picture to create the gallery, and then go back and change it to the one I wanted.

Doesn't seem to be characteristic of the chosen location - it will happen whether you choose a specific address like '21 Alum Rock Road', or a generic one like 'Birmingham'. This is one such image - http://ourtownstory.co.uk/iamtimbo/gallery/278/aston-local-board-offices-c-1897 . The data is there somewhere though - the box that says 'Nearest places to this image' gets its data from the gallery_googlemaps fields.

Baffled.
ultrajam10.PNG.png
ultrajam10.PNG.png  •  61KB

updated by @iamtimbo: 04/25/15 09:24:02AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
So gallery_googlemaps_lat shows a value on the modify image form in jrGallery, but it doesn't have a value in the datastore browser?

On the aston page you link to there is a javascript error caused by this:
var marker = createMarker(point,'Images from 'The Making of Birmingham...', c. 1897');
Is Images from 'The Making of Birmingham...', c. 1897 the title of the image? If so, can you try changing the title removing the apostrophes. See if the map then appears for that item.

Thanks!

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
iamtimbo
@iamtimbo
9 years ago
301 posts
Knock me down with a feather.

I have just reposted that at ourtownstory.co.uk/iamtimbo/gallery/284/aston-local-board-offices-in-1897 and it worked, although the system won't let me take the apostrophes out of the gallery title already posted.

The image I had such trouble with last night was of Swinfen's Tailors, which also has an apostrophe......

This could be the issue...!

UPDATE: Editing the title in the datastore brings the map back!
updated by @iamtimbo: 04/25/15 08:21:36AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
OK! If you don't use " in your titles you can allow for the apostrophes by fixing this up in the googlemaps template map_display.tpl for now.

Change:
var marker = createMarker(point,'{$point_data.html}');
To
var marker = createMarker(point,"{$point_data.html}");

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
iamtimbo
@iamtimbo
9 years ago
301 posts
OK - cool - I think people are more likely to use a ' than a " (as it were), so I will alter that. It's quite funny - I couldn't imagine why it would have been a property of the image, but I was starting have one of those late night meltdowns.

I don't know if you've ever come across Victor Borge's phonetic pronunciation, but it also reminded me of that!
Victor Borge: Phonetic punctuation

Thanks for the assistance!
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
It will take a few days, but I'm going to fix that in the next update of the module, so you will be good with both ' and "

--