Lifestreams - Twitter

johnchansa
@johnchansa
9 years ago
195 posts
There appears to be an error in the twitter.js file.My twitter feeds which were absent are now showing.
I copied code from the original file(find it here-christianv-jquery-lifestream-0.5.2-18-gea8b69a.zip) and pasted it onto the twitter.js file in your module.Surprisingly,the feeds appeared.However the profile button/tab for lifestreams is still missing(Nova Skin).
It would be helpful if you check the error and include a change in the next update.Your module is really great.
http://www.zmusicportal.com/scarlet/lifestreams
Cheers!
updated by @johnchansa: 03/27/15 07:59:15PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
Thanks for pointing that out John, Do you have a link to where it's not working?

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)

updated by @ultrajam: 03/28/15 04:29:45AM
johnchansa
@johnchansa
9 years ago
195 posts
The feeds are all working well on my site.
In one of your previous forum posts,this site seemed to have a problem-
http://musicrush.com//emdiamond/lifestreams
The feeds are still not showing.
The only issue I have is that the profile menu button/tab for lifestreams is not appearing even after enabling it to show on the profil.Site users can't see lifestreams in the menu.It only appears when I log in as admin.
http://www.zmusicportal.com/scarlet
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
https://www.jamroom.net/ultrajam/forum/lifestreams/9147/proper-format-and-no-button-shown
SteveX:
Looks like it doesn't show in Nova by default.
Change the Nova profile menu (jrProfile_menu) around line 33 in profile_header.tpl - remove this:
exclude_modules="jrAction"
Try that and the button should appear.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
johnchansa
@johnchansa
9 years ago
195 posts
This is code that I found in the profile_header.tpl.
 <div class="row">
        <div class="col12 last">
            <div class="profile_menu">
                {if jrCore_is_mobile_device()}
                    {jrProfile_menu template="profile_menu_mobile.tpl" profile_quota_id=$profile_quota_id profile_url=$profile_url}
                {else}
                    {jrProfile_menu template="profile_menu.tpl" profile_quota_id=$profile_quota_id profile_url=$profile_url}
                {/if}
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>

The profile_menu.tpl has this
{if isset($_items)}
{foreach from=$_items key="module" item="entry"}
    {if $entry.active == '1'}
    <a href="{$entry.target}"><div class="profile_menu_entry profile_menu_entry_active">{$entry.label}</div></a>
    {else}
    <a href="{$entry.target}"><div class="profile_menu_entry">{$entry.label}</div></a>
    {/if}
{/foreach}
{/if}

I guess there has been a change in the templates.What should I do?
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
Lifestreams has been updated to 1.1.2 to use the latest twitter.js

Thanks John!

--
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
Let me load up Nova and I'll take a look

--
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
I've loaded Nova and when logged in the button appears without modifying any templates:
http://xdev4.ultrajam.co.uk/stevex/lifestreams

But it doesn't appear when not logged in. It looks like there may be a bug as the Jamroom listener is no longer being fired, so I will investigate that.

If you want to fix this now, edit profile_header.tpl around line 31:
                {if jrCore_is_mobile_device()}
                    {jrProfile_menu template="profile_menu_mobile.tpl" profile_quota_id=$profile_quota_id profile_url=$profile_url always_show="ujLifeStreams"}
                {else}
                    {jrProfile_menu template="profile_menu.tpl" profile_quota_id=$profile_quota_id profile_url=$profile_url always_show="ujLifeStreams"}
                {/if}

--

updated by @ultrajam: 03/28/15 09:34:56AM
johnchansa
@johnchansa
9 years ago
195 posts
OK...thanks.I'll give that a try.
What's the code I can use to place all lifestream feeds,lets say somewhere on the front page?
johnchansa
@johnchansa
9 years ago
195 posts
That fix worked.....super!
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
Lifestreams is now updated to 1.1.4 which fixes the button not showing for not logged in users.

Make sure "lifestream on profile" is checked in the quota config to show the page and button on profiles.

You can specify profiles in the smarty function, but not list the whole site (otherwise you could be calling each of the services for thousands of member):
{jrCore_module_function function="ujLifeStreams_display" profile_id="1,4,7,15,77}
Or to show it as a site view you can just enter the ids under the module config tab and view the stream at yoursite.com/lifestream

--
johnchansa
@johnchansa
9 years ago
195 posts
Hi,
I still can't get site wide lifestreams to show on my front page.I'm using this code.
{* SITE WIDE LIFESTREAMS *}
   {if jrCore_checktype($_conf.ujLifeStreams_index_profile_id,'number_nz') || strpos($_conf.ujLifeStreams_index_profile_id,',') > 0}
   {jrCore_module_url module="ujLifeStreams" assign="murl"}
    <div class="row">
            <div class="col12 last">
                <div class="inner mb10">
                    <div class="inner leader">Social Media Wall</div>
                        <div class="block">		
		                    <div class="block_content">
			                   <div class="item lifestream-alt">			
				               {jrCore_module_function function="ujLifeStreams_display" profile_id=$_conf.ujLifeStreams_index_profile_id limit=3 filters=true actions_mode="site"}
			                   </div>
		                    </div>
                     	</div>      	
    {/if}
                </div>  
           </div>
     </div>
see website http://www.zmusicportal.com/

Any suggestions?
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
When you put {debug} into your template, do you see a value for $_conf.ujLifeStreams_index_profile_id ?

If $_conf.ujLifeStreams_index_profile_id is a number or a comma separated list of numbers, what do you see when you put just this in your template?:
{jrCore_module_function function="ujLifeStreams_display" profile_id=$_conf.ujLifeStreams_index_profile_id limit=3 filters=true actions_mode="site"}

--
johnchansa
@johnchansa
9 years ago
195 posts
I put {debug} in the my template(index.tpl) and I don't see any value.I also tried to hard code the function... profile_id="1" and nothing changed.
johnchansa
@johnchansa
9 years ago
195 posts
johnchansa:
I put {debug} in the my template(index.tpl) and I don't see any value.I also tried to hard code the function... profile_id="1" and nothing changed.

The site wide lifestreams page is working ok.
http://www.zmusicportal.com/lifestreams
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
Ok, I'll have to set up a similar test case - I haven't tried it in an index page for a long time. It might take a few days because of the holiday, I'll post back here when I've checked it out.

--
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
Are you using a comma list of ids for $_conf.ujLifeStreams_index_profile_id ?

--
johnchansa
@johnchansa
9 years ago
195 posts
yes I am.
Basically I copied and pasted code from the index.tpl file on your module and just made a few changes to it.The code works on the site wide lifestreams page but not on my front page.
Anyway thanks for the help....Enjoy the rest of the long weekend.....Cheers!
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
Update to 1.1.5, then add the following parameter to your function in index.tpl:
override="true"

That should fix things up for you.

--
johnchansa
@johnchansa
9 years ago
195 posts
Great.....that fixed things.
johnchansa
@johnchansa
9 years ago
195 posts
johnchansa:
Great.....that fixed things.

Another cool feature to add would be a small profile picture(or profile name) to each feed.This will help identify/associate the profile to the posted feed on the site wide lifestreams.
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
9 years ago
2,583 posts
Glad that fixed it.

As Lifestreams is for adding a stream to a profile, a profile picture isn't really needed and would be difficult to add. If you have a sitewide lifestream you really want that to be for the site (probably the admin profile or a small number of admin profiles) rather than a number of individual members.

--
johnchansa
@johnchansa
9 years ago
195 posts
I agree.....just one final check before I close the issue.The filters seem to be repeating in the lineup.Check the social media wall part on my front page....
http://www.zmusicportal.com/
johnchansa
@johnchansa
9 years ago
195 posts
By the way,
How can I get the ujcategories module.Is it on the marketplace?

Tags