How do users upload and then link to files like pdf's?

arlomaniac
@arlomaniac
7 years ago
27 posts
Hi Guys, I've got a Genosis website and have installed Embed Local Media and Editor Image Upload, but I can't work out how to add an option for users to upload files (like pdf's) that can be linked to in the Stories and Pages sections. I'm probably missing something simple! Have attached a screenshoot to show the 2 tabs that the Embed Local Media link from the Editor menu.
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg  •  38KB

updated by @arlomaniac: 06/22/17 04:17:24AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
7 years ago
2,583 posts
Do you have jrFile installed?
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/networkmarket/74/files

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,697 posts
What @ultrajam said ^.

jrFile will allow you to upload .pdf file types. Then you can use the Embed Local Media to add that PDF to any location.
alt=
@itsken
7 years ago
53 posts
I added jrfile to my system, is there a way for the PDF to be expanded and viewed instead of downloading it ?
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,697 posts
Thats a browser setting. The browser decides if it wants to open it in the borowser or not. Firefox turned that on as a default option to show PDF's in the browser. Thankfully there is a setting to turn that off because I hate looking at PDF's in the browser.

personal choice.

Tags