user tip if you run adsense this tip might surprise you

soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
6 years ago
3,304 posts
adsense has added a new "user experience' adjustment that might surprise you in its effectiveness

basicly it increases user experience by reducing the member of ads shown, at the same time keeping 100% of your revenues (or more)

the sweet spot for me was... 40%!
so less then 1/2 of the times a page loads a ad is shown, this makes users enjoy the site more, but has no impact on income (negatively anyway)
i found that even in periods of reduced trafic, my income has gone up since making this change.

ads are always also the biggest contributer to a slow website. so 60% fewer ads means a faster site..in general ..better user experience
and ads are shown only when they are more like,y to be clicked

you can also try it out by going into adsense and creating a new experiment, choose user experience
drag the bar down to around where it says 100% revenues and set it to run x number of days

optionally you can set up multiple experiments with different % values (from 40-100% fill rates) let it run a month and check "automaticly use the winner"
that will try each value you set and see what ends up working best for you

i just tried running an experiment for 1st time recently, but had set my fill at 50% about a month back (whenever they added this feature)

i was really surprised to see that reducing the number of ads ..actually didn't reduce income but increase it

logically you'd think more ads = higher profits
but in reality happier visitors and better user experience.. and less annoyance with ads.. actually makes the fewer ads you display pay you a lil more while simultaneously making your users have a better experience on your site

try it a week and report back your experiences good or bad

--
soaringeagle
head dreadhead at dreadlocks site
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities

updated by @soaringeagle: 05/21/18 09:56:22PM

Tags