solved Marketplace Issue

karreyshannon
@karreyshannon
6 years ago
6 posts
Greetings! I'm having an issue connecting to the Marketplace in the second instance of Genosis that I've installed on my hosted server.

#1 Is what my System Check tells me

#2 Is the error I receive when I go to the Marketplace module

#3 Is what the Marketplace config screen looks like

#4 Is the error I get when I click "Save Changes" on the Marketplace config screen

I'm wondering if I need to add another site within my Jamroom account sites area, but I don't see a way to manually do that.
2.png
2.png  •  61KB

4.png
4.png  •  76KB

1.png
1.png  •  226KB

3.jpg
3.jpg  •  138KB

updated by @karreyshannon: 09/29/18 04:37:49AM
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
#1 if its possible to add APCu to your server, do it, otherwise its just a caching system so you can probably live without it.
related: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/how-to-install-alternative-php-cache-apc-on-ubuntu-14-04

#2 says you've not setup your marketplace. Take your jamroom 'system id' and 'email' from here:
https://www.jamroom.net/networklicense/licenses/profile_id=5791/user_id=5781

and enter them into your site at
ACP -> MODULES -> CORE -> MARKETPLACE -> TOOLS -> MARKETPLACE SYSTEMS -> MODIFY

See how that goes and report back with any issues you encounter. If you've entered your details correctly and it still cant communicate, it maybe a server issue.
marketplace.jpg
marketplace.jpg  •  137KB

karreyshannon
@karreyshannon
6 years ago
6 posts
I edited #3 to block out the actual entries, but that’s exactly what’s entered and still resulting in the error in #4.
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
And there are no other issues in your SYSTEM CHECK? then check your activity log to see if there are any errors there:
ACP -> DASHBOARD -> ACTIVITY LOG

* ACTIVITY LOG
* ERROR LOG
* DEBUG LOG
karreyshannon
@karreyshannon
6 years ago
6 posts
Here’s the output of the activity log. Error and debug logs show no output.
karreyshannon
@karreyshannon
6 years ago
6 posts
The only other issues in the system check (besides the APCu one, which I have not yet figured out how to resolve on my host) are related to modules I haven’t yet been able to get because I can’t access the Marketplace yet.
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
curl looks like its being blocked on your server. contact your host and ask them to enable it.
karreyshannon
@karreyshannon
6 years ago
6 posts
Huh. I haven't contacted them yet, but I DID switch the PHP version in that domain from 5.4 to 5.6 and the issue resolved.
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
Great. If you have that control option, can you upgrade it to php7? you will notice a speed increase if you can.
karreyshannon
@karreyshannon
6 years ago
6 posts
Done! Thanks for the tip!

Tags