5953 performance score when properly configured (and great price!)

soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
6 years ago
3,304 posts
because dreadlockssite is massive with over 1 tb in data/media i had a seperate drive set up as a media disk (large cheap storage)

unfortunately although the tech suport at infinitive hosting is top notch even after maybe 50 times explaining things in 50 diferent ways they put the cheap sata as the main disk and the ssd for media.. which was almost never accessed (since vids and music arent in high demand and all imzages are cached on ssd)

this was totaly backwards from what i requested and ..what made sense
after migrating to a proper setup i got a 4220 performance score
a massive improvement in evrey stat especially drive but also database (which uses the ssd)

i have not yet got redis running, nor i think set up the mysql optimizations nor reniced redis and mysql (mariadb) to run as highest priority
ive done no tuning yet except putting the right drives in the right places
and got a massive performance increase!

i only pay 144 for a 1 tb ssd (8 cores 3.5 ghz 32 gigs ram) 4 tb satas
i used to pay 4 times that much with way worse support and 1/2 or less drive space
PERFORMANCE.jpg
PERFORMANCE.jpg  •  81KB

--
soaringeagle
head dreadhead at dreadlocks site
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities

updated by @soaringeagle: 11/14/18 06:53:33AM
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
6 years ago
3,304 posts
5,953 and rising with only 1/2 the confs that need optimizing copied over

--
soaringeagle
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities

updated by @soaringeagle: 08/14/18 01:04:37AM
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
wow thats fast. You must have zero wait time when doing stuff.
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
6 years ago
3,304 posts
it is massively improved yes
it was good even when the drives were backwards
but put em in right and ..wow
faster disk io drasticly reduced cpu too (well i stil havent tuned litespeeed and adde pagespeed the pagespeed filters some add a lil cpu load as it rewrites code for faster delivery
but still expect cpu loads to be alot lower

the disk access time and databae processings so improved .. i swear the db was at like 24.something before .. and it was 100% due to being on the wrong drive

--
soaringeagle

Tags