solved Embeded Youtube Video descriptions

sekeri
sekeri
@ilker
5 years ago
334 posts
Added Youtube links in a page are displayed as embedded videos which is, I think, great. But most of the time these videos have a very long description and a lot of advertisement texts.

Is it possible only to show the youttube video without the description or any texts?
updated by @ilker: 06/26/19 04:37:01PM
michael
@michael
5 years ago
7,692 posts
You can uncheck the "Expanded Media" checkbox in the global settings
ACP -> SITE -> MEDIA URL SCANNER -> GLOBAL SETTINGS

Then instead of a player, the link will only change to the player when clicked.
media_scanner.jpg
media_scanner.jpg  •  263KB

sekeri
sekeri
@ilker
5 years ago
334 posts
Thank you Michael for your reply but what I need is to display the youtube video with the player. Just without the descriptions. For example if you add a music video into a blog post even lyrics are displayed in the page if the lyrics are added to the Youtube video and also a lot of links. This is what I want to avoid.

Is not it possible only embed the pure youtube video without Youtube description texts?
douglas
@douglas
5 years ago
2,767 posts
sekeri:
Thank you Michael for your reply but what I need is to display the youtube video with the player. Just without the descriptions. For example if you add a music video into a blog post even lyrics are displayed in the page if the lyrics are added to the Youtube video and also a lot of links. This is what I want to avoid.

Is not it possible only embed the pure youtube video without Youtube description texts?

If you are referring to the description area below the YouTube player, that can be removed via the item_detail.tpl file in the YouTube modules template directory. Just remove the following variable:

{$item.youtube_description|jrCore_format_string:$item.profile_quota_id}

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
sekeri
sekeri
@ilker
5 years ago
334 posts
Hi Douglas,

This did not work. I think it is another template but I could not find it.
douglas
@douglas
5 years ago
2,767 posts
Can you post a link to the page your referring to?

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
douglas
@douglas
5 years ago
2,767 posts
If you can post a link to the page the player is embedded on so I can see what your referring to that would be helpful.

I'm guessing it is an embed template you'll be looking to modify, possibly in the YouTube modules template directory.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
sekeri
sekeri
@ilker
5 years ago
334 posts
Solved as below with the help of Douglas:

There is a jrYouTube_urlscan_player.tpl in FollowMe skin directory that has the title and description variables, you might try removing those and see if that gets you what you want.
    <div class="wrap">
        <h2>{$_yt.info_title}</h2><br>
        <span class="action_description">{$_yt.info_description|nl2br|jrCore_string_to_url}</span>
    </div>

Tags