solved integrity check stalls on verifying followers

soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
after the latest update, 1 site www.freedomswings.org stalls every time i run integrity check on the verifying module: Followers
running integrity check with all options selected
it completed no problem on dreadlockssite which is hundreds of times larger

to verify, i ran it 5 times and it stopped at the same place each time
just ran it with only verify modules/skins selected
and again stalled at same place... which was practicly instant

what could be the cause?

actually, repair.php doesn't seem to be going anywhere either
i get a connection timed out error running repair.php

yikes cached image count, and cached image size in dashboard show ! with no data

--
soaringeagle
head dreadhead at dreadlocks site
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities

updated by @soaringeagle: 08/26/19 01:40:08PM
michael
@michael
5 years ago
7,692 posts
try ACP -> CORE -> MARKETPLACE -> TOOLS -> RELOAD MODULES OR SKINS -> (followers module)

There was a big change to the followers module that moved it from a datastore to a regular database table. My guess would be the site with the issue is still using old code for one of the modules, probably followers.
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
reloaded followers, same results still

--
soaringeagle
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
ok n activity found errors

jrProfile_register_quota_setting() required field: default missing for setting: expire_quota

3 of those then this [pete golden] jrCore_load_url error: http://www.freedomswings.org/marketplace/verify_item/module/jrFollower

i'll reload jrprofile too?

no change, but only see the 1 error once the other 1 3 times ..the errors don't appear again when i run integrity check again, but still gets stuck at same place

--
soaringeagle

updated by @soaringeagle: 05/03/19 07:45:39PM
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
correction: this error appears only when i run the offline integrity check
jrProfile_register_quota_setting() required field: default missing for setting: expire_quota

whats this? is this a user setable variable/ something i need to edit in settings? or could it be a glitch in a module

i'm thinking thats a php config issue, nbut can't seem to find it...yet

still digging

ok, i noticed in the verify modules and verify schema lists they seem to be in the same order
the 1 that would verify after followers would be... system tips

system tips, they should expire or stop appearing after a certain period? disabled system tips modu,e but still tries to verify it anyway

--
soaringeagle

updated by @soaringeagle: 05/03/19 08:44:58PM
michael
@michael
5 years ago
7,692 posts
only place im seeing 'expire_quota' is in jrSubscribe and some similar but different ones in jrFoxycart.

Are you using either of those modules?
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
foxycarts installed but not technicaly in use

i'll check into subscribe

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
foxycart removed entirely, no change typing subscribe in search had no results

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
found subscriptions in market its not installed

i've been searchng files i suspect it could be in too bu t cant search all at once like you can
its confusing

wouldnt be anything in a skin i assume? skins outdated but its the same on both sites

--
soaringeagle
michael
@michael
5 years ago
7,692 posts
shouldn't think it would be the skin. Try a manual reset of the caches.

ie: delete the contents of /data/cache/* (except for the index.html)
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
ok there was no index.html but all was deleted and.. still same
(though havent tried manual repair.php again, and thats only time i get the recorded error message, regular integrity check doesnt give error message)

--
soaringeagle
douglas
@douglas
5 years ago
2,767 posts
Have you tired using the "repair module" when running the integrity check tool?

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
yup
in fact, because i had a suspicion i ran repair module with verify module deseleed, then ran verify.. still same issue
and i reloaded followers and profiles
i searched mutiple files in sertain modules config include quota ,,one or 2 others in core, rofiles, followers, tips,

i removed foxycart entirely

the only thing i can think of is i use the old ningja not ninja skin (i know i need to get around to switching everything)

i would certainly suspect there could be incompatabilities with the new core.. or some other modules

at this point ive exhausted al my debugging and diagnstic options
the other large site however still has an issue with the sitemap crawler never finishing
the 2 do not seem related, at all, the only hing i can think of is i did reset a rather large interactive wit timeout and another timeout in php, i think i set them t the default
interactive wait was set to max a long time ago when i/we thought that was causing the integrity check to not complete (which was solved a year ago about)

the sitemap crawl thing i can see could be a timeout issue, but not this integity check since it stops a exact same point each time

--
soaringeagle
michael
@michael
5 years ago
7,692 posts
Send me your admin login details and I'll run the integrity check and see if I can see anything.
support at jamroom dot net.

Thanks.
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
you got it! thanks so much

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
still having these issues

--
soaringeagle
michael
@michael
5 years ago
7,692 posts
There's something wrong related to the file system around the name jrFollowers.

Delete the directory /modules/jrFollowers module via SFTP then reinstall it from the marketplace.

Run the integrity check.

I'm guessing there is some other file in the /modules/ folder that is blocking writing of jrFollowers to the server.

I attached the followers module is attached to the ticket if you want to upload it yourself instead of using the marketplace.
updated by @michael: 05/12/19 09:05:23PM
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
oh thats why i got the email
hmm ok
i'll ive that a try later todaqy
but both sites have odd issues since update just not the same issues
not just the integrity check not running on freedomswings but i got other strange issues on dreadlockssite
forum posts that were scrambled in the listing as an exmple joins that still say pending in user data but not inpending list membersthat are not listed in membbers list and, a sitemapcrawler that has not completed a crawl in a month or more i can even tell you the exact dte of last completion if it helps

should i have the server brought down tonight for a full file system and disk health test?

--
soaringeagle
michael
@michael
5 years ago
7,692 posts
I have a very simple brain. I can only deal with one thing at a time, so when you put more than one thing in a ticket I get confused easily and am no longer able to be of assistance. Need to deal with one thing at a time.
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
all just seem related since all the issues began t around the same time
thats why i listed them all together..seems likely its common code
i think

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
redis cache update solved some of the issues but i removed followers from the site that integroity check fails on, ran it
but now i cannot reinstall it

--
soaringeagle
michael
@michael
5 years ago
7,692 posts
I attached the module file to the ticket, were you able to upload that file via SFTP?
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
didnt get a ticket email yet
ii see its updated in marketplace
heres something odd.. i deleted followers and the folder the symlink pointed to 2.0.0 but in the site it still shows followers installed but inactive and cant activte

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
201 installed, activated,, and still cant run integrity check

--
soaringeagle
michael
@michael
5 years ago
7,692 posts
That should be working for you now.

There was an issue with 2 profiles. They had items in the following datastore, but the actual profiles look like they'd been deleted but had left over data.

Profile id 101 and 102

Because the new followers module tries to get the data then move it to its new structure, because there was only partial data it was getting stuck.

I don't have any guesses as to why there is only parts of datastore items in the 'jr_jrprofile_item_key' table, but that was the cause.
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
with low numbers coulda been cause i was the 1st beta ning to jamroom import even

--
soaringeagle

Tags