solved is there a way to only alow signups through paid subscriptions?

soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
i swear you could but cant figure out how now

--
soaringeagle
head dreadhead at dreadlocks site
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities

updated by @soaringeagle: 08/23/19 09:18:59AM
michael
@michael
5 years ago
7,692 posts
allow non-paid signups, but keep them in a quota with all features disabled. When they pay, move them to a quota with access to everything.

With the Foxycart module I remember there being a way to sell subscriptions to non-logged in users, maybe its that you're remembering. Not sure if that exists in the new jrSubscription module.
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
it seems like there should be
its funny my big site wih great pr gets zero spam my tiny nonprofit sites overrun by spam bot accounts
i wuld just like to disable joins exceptby paid subscription
since we have only a handful of other members i would rater just create them manually

--
soaringeagle
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities
michael
@michael
5 years ago
7,692 posts
Why not change the subscription signup process to ADMIN APPROVED.
ACP -> USERS -> USERS -> QUOTA CONFIG -> SIGNUP METHOD -> "Admin Validation"

All new users will go into PENDING until you approve them.
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
they are. but theres hundreds and i figured if they just were presented with a request for payment on join that would put an end to that then the donation/subscription ould be automated without extra steps and extra pofiles in other quoutas

--
soaringeagle

Tags