Custom CSS for each page

alt=
@sloghostie
4 years ago
7 posts
Hello!

Is there a way to make a folder for example (custom_css) and use my own css for my pages? I need thigns like different backgrounds on my pages and stuff....

Also how do I make rows/columns full width, I'm facing this problem http://prntscr.com/uf0rah and I want to make a landing page as first page (that image was a example image)

Thanks!

updated by @sloghostie: 12/15/20 01:45:43AM
michael
@michael
4 years ago
7,692 posts
Docs: "Skin Design Guide"
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/skin-design-guide

First thing to do is to make your own skin, probably best to start by cloning an existing one.

Then in that skin you can add .css file to the /skins/YOUR-SKIN/css folder and adding that in to the include.php file so its active.
alt=
@sloghostie
4 years ago
7 posts
Okay, now how do I find where newely created pages are saved to? Either by site builder or page creator or what is that tool called?
michael
@michael
4 years ago
7,692 posts
What newly created pages?

If you add a template to your skin at /skins/(YOUR SKIN)/party.tpl

Then it will appear at
your-site.com/party
alt=
@sloghostie
4 years ago
7 posts
So if I go to ADMIN -> Page Creator and create a new page, that's then a (nameofpage).tpl file? (Sorry I'm new to all this stuff)

(Is ti then the same when I create a page with site builder?)
updated by @sloghostie: 09/13/20 03:39:52AM
michael
@michael
4 years ago
7,692 posts
No, that's a different system. There are many different systems in jamroom. Which you use depends on your preferences. If you're a web developer/programmer who is comfortable with running a development environment then you'll use the skins system and modules system and upload stuff you create via SFTP to the site.

There are many ways to interact with jamroom but this way will give you the most freedom and most possibilities to over-ride.

If you are not comfortable with web development technologies such as CSS, HTML, PHP, jQuery ( javascript ), then you are limited to using the things that have already been created.

The pages module is one of those things. ADMIN -> PAGE CREATOR stores its contents in the database not the file system.

Site builder is another system again. It also stores its contents in the database not in the file system.

--edit--
If its just a small amount of CSS that you're interested in adding to tweak existing styles, probably the place you're after is
ACP -> SKINS -> (currently active skin) -> STYLE -> CUSTOM EDITOR

You can put CSS into there.
updated by @michael: 09/13/20 04:47:16AM
alt=
@sloghostie
4 years ago
7 posts
Okay, I understand now, yes I would like to code my own stuff, just didnt know i can just upload a .tpl and point my menu to it... I thought I had to create a site and edit it....

One more thing.... so If I'd like to have a page to show my timeline (via free Timeline module), I just create my own file like feed.tpl so /feed, and copy the template code to it? and edit it's CSS?
michael
@michael
4 years ago
7,692 posts
The timeline already has a page I think....?? In a module there are some common templates:

/index.tpl // this is the site level template that shows when the base module url is called with no extra parameters and not from a module, so for the timeline module which uses the module url 'timeline' if you access:

yoursite.com/timeline

then that will show the template found at:
/modules/jrAction/templates/index.tpl

You can over-ride that by copying it to your skin at:
/skins/(YOUR SKIN)/jrAction_index.tpl

Then that template will show instead of the modules template.

If you wanted to make your own template that was not over-riding a modules template then you could do that too. Add a blank template to:
/skins/(YOUR SKIN)/something.tpl and it will show up at yoursite.com/something

In that template to get stuff back from the database the function is {jrCore_list} This is the swiss army knife function for getting anything that is stored in a modules data store. You will see examples of {jrCore_list} all over the place if you look at templates.

Docs: {jrCore_list}
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/module-developer-guide/89/jrcore-list

Start by cloning a skin so you dont loose your changes when skin updates come out.

Docs: "Creating your own Skin ( Clone from an Existing Skin )"
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/skin-design-guide/839/creating-your-own-skin-clone-from-an-existing-skin

Tags