Jamroom Native iOS/Android Apps

alt=
@elixir
3 years ago
6 posts
I am doing some preliminary studies to find out if the Jamroom community is interested in native iOS/Android app.

A couple of question I have:
What features should be included in the MVP( minimal viable products)?
Is there an API pre-built to support those features?
What would the ideal price (one-time and/or subscription) for such a product?

Thank you.

PS: please let us know if its ok to post this or not?
updated by @elixir: 05/16/21 09:13:43AM
michael
@michael
3 years ago
7,692 posts
Anyone offering value to the community is welcome to post stuff like this. Its the guys who create an account then slap a link down to some development agency that's never built anything with Jamroom, they get deleted pretty quick.

We do have facilities to build a mobile app here, but its not cheap, probably looking at 10k+ to get something basic created by our team.

As I understand it an app that will be accepted into the app stores needs to be more than just a web site wrapper, there needs to be some extra functionality that the app brings that would not be available in just the web view.

Jamroom has detection functions built in to help with that jrCore_is_mobile() and jrCore_is_tablet() allow you to define extra app only sections.

We used to(I thought we took that down....) offer an app interface jrProxima that was a back-end API to use jamroom as a SaaS server. That would be another way to do it. With that you'd create the app then use Jamroom as the tool-kit for storing data and manipulating data/images etc.

Proxima
https://www.jamroom.net/proxima

Probably since everyone who runs a jamroom site would need features unique to their site, my guess is it would be hard to build a product that fit everyone.
updated by @michael: 02/14/21 07:33:48PM
alt=
@elixir
3 years ago
6 posts
Thank you for the quick reply. Our intention is to build the apps in the native code. You are right it cannot be just a website wrapper. My team is more adept in mobile apps and there is what we are looking to build. The original plan, if everything goes well, would be to start with Android and then move to iOS.

In terms of API, I am hoping for a pre-built REST API we could use to communicate with the server. Authentication and any other details needed to build the app. Does proxima provide authentication API?

Looks like feature selection for the app would be difficult to identify.
michael
@michael
3 years ago
7,692 posts
Proxima Docs are here:
https://www.jamroom.net/proxima/documentation/contents

It is a RESTful API.

Tags