Installing modules/localhost

alt=
Marla
@sweet
2 months ago
38 posts
Hi,

I'm getting this error when trying to install modules on my localhost. Where do I change the file permissions?

Thank you.

ERROR: unable to rename module symlink jrMailGun - check file permissions (3)
michael
@michael
2 months ago
7,694 posts
using your file browser. your server needs to be able to write to the /modules/ directory in order for it to use the marketplace to import files.

You still should be able to use the system without that if you don't use the marketplace. There might also be a way to allow your web server to run as the person you're logged in as, that would also solve the permissions issue.
alt=
Marla
@sweet
one month ago
38 posts
I need to be able to create modules for my website so I'd like to see how they work. I'm going to reinstall JR on my Macbook. Hopefully it'll run without problems on there. Thank you!
michael
@michael
one month ago
7,694 posts
I use it on my mac. I use UTM then install a debian server into the virtual machine. I like that setup. brian uses apache directly on on his mac installed via homebrew. many ways to do it.
alt=
Marla
@sweet
one month ago
38 posts
I don't know much about those setups. I've always used Xampp to set up my JR. Hopefully this works out! I can't wait to learn and work with the new JR. I bought my first license back when JR first came out!

Tags