FollowMe Clone Update

PatriaCo
PatriaCo
@the-patria-company
7 years ago
349 posts
What is the quickest way of updating my FollowMe clone with all of the newest FollowMe updates?

Specifically I am wondering about the updated files for the following:

- Change: tabindex incrementing improved
- Change: Timeline status update form for admins only shows on profiles an admin is linked to
- Change: Video Player templates updated to use new default mp4 files
- Bug Fix: Icon for PayPal button updated to use black so it shows up correctly
- Bug Fix: @mention button text from an admin user may not get placed into timeline update
- Bug Fix: Disqus comments not appearing on "comment" page for a Timeline entry
- Bug Fix: Profile Tweaks background image not showing
- Bug Fix: GuestBook not showing signs from users who dont have access to it in their own quota

--
The Patria Company - patriaco.com / quality-trades.com / a-t.life - doing Jamroom since v3

updated by @the-patria-company: 12/05/17 06:05:23PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
7 years ago
2,583 posts
I would download and locally compare the two directories of the two versions of FollowMe, which would produce a list of the differences.

Then I would go to each of those differences at the same point in the clone and see what needed to be added or taken away from the code in the clone.

I use BBEdit, but any decent code editor should be capable of the same sort of thing. Otherwise there are tools which just compare directories.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
Also, any skin that is cloned post JR6.1 will have the skin it is cloned FROM saved, so if you want to make that start working, go to
ACP -> MODULES -> DEVELOPER -> DEVELOPER TOOLS -> DATABASE ADMIN -> jr_jrcore_skin

and add the base skin your skin was cloned from to the 'skin_cloned_from' column.

This will have the effect of highlighting the COMPARE button if the template is different from the one it has been cloned from.
cloned_from.jpg
cloned_from.jpg  •  315KB

template_changed.jpg
template_changed.jpg  •  125KB

Tags