Can I use GENOSIS script with my existing user system.

shivrajsa
@shivrajsa
9 years ago
3 posts
I have already a site running with my own user system, can I integrate GENOSIS script with my existing user system
updated by @shivrajsa: 10/27/15 02:11:03PM
michael
@michael
9 years ago
7,692 posts
The quick answer is yes, but then I don't know anything about your current user system or how you want to integrate it, so the HOW might prove more difficult.

Its really going to come down to how you want to integrate it and what you expect from the integration.
shivrajsa
@shivrajsa
9 years ago
3 posts
A typical requirement will be
1. Admin will create a root trees &
2. community will extend roots by adding nodes(Profile) to tree.
3. Admin Approval will be needed to integrate users changes.

I tried to login to "http://johnsonfamily.talldude.net/" with Jamroom credentials, but it is not working, there is no registration option. I would like to see user & admin feature
updated by @shivrajsa: 09/23/15 10:04:31AM
michael
@michael
9 years ago
7,692 posts
That's @brian's family tree, not a demo fiddle system. We dont have a demo system where the backend is available, you'd need to download it and install it to play with it.

Easiest way is to grab a GEDCOM file and import it.

Genosis could be installed in your system in a sub directory then you could link whatever you have now to it, but it would not know about your existing users so would be a separate system unless you integrated them by importing your users into genosis and having some sort of sync mechanism to keep them aligned.
shivrajsa
@shivrajsa
9 years ago
3 posts
I installed Jamroom core on localhost, it asks for creation of Admin account but when I click on link create account, the sign up page is not available, I checked in the directory & "user" directory is not available.
douglas
@douglas
9 years ago
2,767 posts
The server you installed on, does it meet the JR5 requirements?

https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/getting-started/774/requirements

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
michael
@michael
9 years ago
7,692 posts
make sure the server is apache and that the .htaccess file is also copied.

There is no actual directory at:
/user/signup

all that is handled by .htaccess and routes all the url's to the router.php script.

Tags