Follow annd Rating functions

alt=
Tachisabaki
@tachisabaki
8 years ago
9 posts
Does anybody know how to follow a persons profile or give star ratings?
updated by @tachisabaki: 05/14/16 01:37:00PM
douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,767 posts
I don't believe that the Genosis skin is setup to use the Follow and Rating modules. I can see that the code is not in the skins custom module templates and profile templates.

I'm not 100% sure it will work but you would have to add in the code if you want to use the Follow and Rating modules with the Genosis skin.

Follow code for the profile_header.tpl taken from the jrElastic skin:
{jrCore_module_function function="jrFollower_button" profile_id=$_profile_id title="Follow This Profile"}

Blog ratings code taken from the modules/jrBlog/templates/item_detail.tpl

<span style="display:inline-block;margin-top:6px;">{jrCore_module_function function="jrRating_form" type="star" module="jrBlog" index="1" item_id=$item._item_id current=$item.blog_rating_1_average_count|default:0 votes=$item.blog_rating_1_count|default:0}</span>

If you want to rate the profile, instead of blogs, change the module parameter to jrProfile and the item_id parameter to $_profile_id

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
Tachisabaki
@tachisabaki
8 years ago
9 posts
Douglas,

Thank you for your feedback. I will try what you have suggested.

In the meantime, please see the attached screen capture showing the follow module is part of the Jamroom core and already installed.
09-02-2016 15-00-26.jpg

douglas
@douglas
8 years ago
2,767 posts
Yes, I have both the Follow and Rating modules installed on my test Genosis site as well but the code isn't in the templates so neither show.

The "Follow" code should go in the profile_header.tpl for your Genosis skin, if you want the ability to rate blogs, the "Rating" code would go in your Genosis skins jrBlog_item_detail.tpl, since it is a custom module template for that skin. If you want to rate the profile, you could put it in the profile_header.tpl as well.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
Tachisabaki
@tachisabaki
8 years ago
9 posts
Thanks Douglas, I will try your suggestions and will update you with the results...

Tags