solved upload size for images

alt=
@itsken
7 years ago
53 posts
Hi, sorry if i'm asking to many simple questions ....I have two questions, the first is how to set up more than the default quota everywhere i look i don't see anywhere to set up other quotas. THe second is i have changed my php.ini file to all 100m for memory, upload and and post sizes, which should mean that I would be able to set the max upload to 25m .... however the default quota is still set to 2m and the use default button is greyed out
thanks
Ken
updated by @itsken: 06/20/17 03:34:32AM
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
not a problem. If you need to ask these questions, we know we still have work to do on docs. :) ask away.

If you like videos here:
Video Learning: "The admin handbook: Learning Quotas"
https://www.jamroom.net/video-training/81/admin-handbook-learning-quotas

If you prefer docs here:

Docs: "Understanding Profile Quotas"
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/jamroom-admin-handbook/2985/understanding-profile-quotas

Docs: "HowTo: Increase Php's upload limit"
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/howto/748/howto-increasing-phps-upload-limit

If the changes are not taking effect, try restarting apache.
alt=
@itsken
7 years ago
53 posts
Michael, thanks - i've restarted apache a couple of times, even reloaded the system - everything is still set to 2m on the example quota. I checked the php.ini file just to make sure that it was the correct one .... here's the output

ken-home@ubuntu:~/Desktop/genosis-open-source$ php --ini
Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /etc/php5/cli
Loaded Configuration File: /etc/php5/cli/php.ini
Scan for additional .ini files in: /etc/php5/cli/conf.d
Additional .ini files parsed: /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/05-opcache.ini,
/etc/php5/cli/conf.d/10-pdo.ini,
/etc/php5/cli/conf.d/20-curl.ini,
/etc/php5/cli/conf.d/20-gd.ini,
/etc/php5/cli/conf.d/20-json.ini,
/etc/php5/cli/conf.d/20-mysql.ini,
/etc/php5/cli/conf.d/20-mysqli.ini,
/etc/php5/cli/conf.d/20-pdo_mysql.ini,
/etc/php5/cli/conf.d/20-readline.ini

ken-home@ubuntu:~/Desktop/genosis-open-source$ cat /etc/php5/cli/conf.d/10-pdo.ini | grep "upload_max_filesize"
ken-home@ubuntu:~/Desktop/genosis-open-source$ cat /etc/php5/cli/php.ini | grep "upload_max_filesize"
upload_max_filesize = 100M
ken-home@ubuntu:~/Desktop/genosis-open-source$ cat /etc/php5/cli/php.ini | grep "post_max_size"
post_max_size = 100M
ken-home@ubuntu:~/Desktop/genosis-open-source$ cat /etc/php5/cli/php.ini | grep "memory_limit"
memory_limit = 100M
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
Thats the CLI version of php, check the one that apache is using by going to
ACP -> MODULES -> CORE -> SYSTEM CORE -> TOOLS -> SYSTEM CHECK -> click the button (screenshot)
php_system_check.jpg
php_system_check.jpg  •  337KB

alt=
@itsken
7 years ago
53 posts
duhhh .... i should have realized cli and not apache2 ... it's now changed ;-)
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
:)
alt=
@itsken
7 years ago
53 posts
sorry one more post ... so i been playing around with different values in the php.ini file, and noticed that in core -> quota the size did change, however when i go into image -> quota the max size always remains at 10M - is that expected ? I even have it set to 512M in the php.ini file and that shows up in core -> quota - i have run system check, and Int. check
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
Thats hardcoded into the jrImage_get_allowed_image_sizes() function in the module.

Uploading images from the Hubble space telescope? an image larger than 10MB necessary? :)

(If it is necessary, please say, we'll get something in.)

Tags