landing page for multiple trees ?

alt=
@itsken
7 years ago
53 posts
Hi, sorry if this is a bit high level. I have multiple trees on my system and want the viewers of the trees to land on their tree and not on the default tree. So users of tree1 would enter something like mysite.com/tree1 and they would see the info on their tree, and if i add more tree2,3,4 they would all be able to do the same. I know I could set up a virtual host for each and there's pros and cons for doing that especially if they never join ...
Sincerely
Ken
updated by @itsken: 08/03/17 12:17:51PM
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
You can set the login redirect URL under:
ACP -> MODULES -> USERS -> USERS -> QUOTA CONFIG -> Login Redirect Page
login_redirect.jpg
login_redirect.jpg  •  156KB

alt=
@itsken
7 years ago
53 posts
Hi Michael, thanks but that would only do a redirect on login ?
Ken
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
It would. When are you thinking about redirecting them? I might not be understanding.
alt=
@itsken
7 years ago
53 posts
I was thinking about being able to have a page for each tree, so mysite.com/tree1 mysite.com/tree2 and mysite.com/tree2 so each family could go directly to their own tree and not have to select it when the land on the site and before they log in
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
These are the curent urls to use:
http://YOUR-SITE.com/gencore/set_active_tree_id/2
http://YOUR-SITE.com/gencore/set_active_tree_id/3

You can get the correct URL from the TREES menu in the navigation bar.

If you want something that looks a little nicer, you can use the "URL MAPPER" module from the MARKETPLACE to map /trees1 to /gencore/set_active_tree_id/2
mapped_to.jpg
mapped_to.jpg  •  145KB

updated by @michael: 04/30/17 08:59:14PM
alt=
@itsken
7 years ago
53 posts
Michael thanks ... i'll have a look - on a different note I've thought about having something like a welcome page when people land on the site. Si on the default tree I added a new page in site builder ( i guess I'm changing the default page at this point). However when I do that all the trees end up with the same page. If I wanted to do this, should I go into each tree and create a new page for them, is that the best way or is there another way of doing it ....
TIA Ken
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
Could you open a new thread on the new question. Anyone visiting this thread by searching is going to want the answer to "landing page for multiple trees ?". Lets keep this thread on that topic. :)

Tags