closed Unknown Upload (Audio+Video) Error

Annush
Annush
@annush
6 years ago
229 posts
Hi, we tackled something similar a month ago but this is not the same. My MB are 128 and I'm Uploading around 15/30MB and get 'Unknown Error'. All is up to date.
Where can anyone begin to check what the problem is if it's 'Unknon'?
updated by @annush: 07/19/19 04:27:43AM
douglas
@douglas
6 years ago
2,767 posts
Check your activity and error logs, there should be something about the failed upload.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
Annush
Annush
@annush
6 years ago
229 posts
Had a look - nothing there I'm afraid. Thanks.
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
you can try looking in the CONSOLE of the browser. In Firefox you can get to the console by hitting F12 then choosing the CONSOLE tab.

This shows you any javascript messages that happen at the time of upload.

If there is nothing useful there, then the next place to look is the servers error logs.
console.jpg
console.jpg  •  234KB

Annush
Annush
@annush
6 years ago
229 posts
I've had a look and keeping an eye on it but so far nothing I can go by. Since yesterday I'm noticing my members profile pics are not showing. Kind of one at a time. Some are visible on the Data browser and not on their profile page and visa-versa. Strange stuff as I have not done any changes. Very annoying when they appear on the Front page - looks very unprofessional. Any thoughts please?
Profile Pics.jpg
Profile Pics.jpg  •  56KB

updated by @annush: 11/02/18 11:37:01AM
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
I think this is unrelated to your current question and trying to answer is going to turn the thread into a mess. You can exclude profiles that dont have images in the jrCore_list call that powers that section.

Docs: "{jrCore_list}"
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/module-developer-guide/89/jrcore-list

Look for the 'require_image' setting.

If you need more info on how to exclude items without images from a jrCore_list call, open a thread for that.

As for why your uploads are not working, did you get anything from the server error logs?
Annush
Annush
@annush
6 years ago
229 posts
Hi Michael. Thank you and I take note of what you say. I'll try it. As for the uploads I did reply I had not found anything as yet but I'm keeping an eye on it.
Thank You, I'll let you know ASP.
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
If you want to send over some details for a test account that I can login and try with, send the info to support at jamroom dot net with a link to this thread and I'll try from here if you like.
Annush
Annush
@annush
6 years ago
229 posts
We've tried these last few days Michael and just can't get our heads around it. Let me know if the offer is still on and I'll send you the details. Thank You.
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
Send the details over to a place where I can upload something and see it happening. Also send the admin details so I can see whats in the ACTIVITY LOG too.

Include a link to this thread with the email.
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
Probably because the server is a long way away from me, but its slow to upload. Could be that the server has some sort of connection limit on how long each connection is allowed to remain connected. (just a guess, but could be something to ask the server company about.)

Could be internet connection stability, if you're doing the upload over wi-fi could be that the ISP is loosing the connection part way through.

Not sure of any other ideas. Small videos upload work, so its something to do with the size.
Annush
Annush
@annush
6 years ago
229 posts
Yes I see what you mean Michael. Thank you for trying for us. We will talk to the server company on Monday and see. Wishing the Jamroom team and yourself a great weekend.

Tags