solved Home Tab Gone

Annush
Annush
@annush
6 years ago
229 posts
Ref: https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/forum/my_posts/59708/home-and-timeline-both-end-with-action
This has come back again. Done Profile Tweeks. As said before Follow Me skin does not have Home listed. Only 'Timeline'. I thought it was updated through Marketplace.
Any sugestions please? Thank You
Home gone.jpg
Home gone.jpg  •  98KB

updated by @annush: 02/27/19 08:33:20PM
Annush
Annush
@annush
6 years ago
229 posts
Hi, I think I figured it out. When I click the Box on Permissions 'Profile Tweeks' in Pro & Special Quotas it takes away the Home Tab regardless the choice in Customize Profile. So basically the customize doesn't give you a choice. I think when we talked of this before @Douglas had said he had fixed it and was in Marketplace. I can't find that and I do believe there must be a 'choice' here, otherwise why have it?
Your thoughts please. Thanks.
Home gone.jpg
Home gone.jpg  •  98KB

Profile Tweeks.jpg
Profile Tweeks.jpg  •  36KB

douglas
@douglas
6 years ago
2,767 posts
This is working for me, note that if the user has access to change the default index in their Customize tab via their account settings, then the home link will show for that profile.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
Annush
Annush
@annush
6 years ago
229 posts
Sorry, but it doesn't. There's only Timeline (By Default) or Timeline. There's no choice for 'Home'. As soon as the Profile Tweeks is enabled for customization it takes away the Home tab by Default. Therefore there is no choice, at least on the Follow Me skin. So it means we can't offer Customization to any Quota as by doing so it takes away the 'Home' tab. I can try to do you a video of the procedure if you want. Thanks.
Customization.jpg
Customization.jpg  •  54KB

douglas
@douglas
6 years ago
2,767 posts
You'll want to set the default index to Profile Index (default), not timeline, to get the Home link to show on the profile menu.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
Annush
Annush
@annush
6 years ago
229 posts
Sorry Douglas, it doesn't I tried it.
douglas
@douglas
6 years ago
2,767 posts
I'm not sure I still have your admin login, can you send it to jamroom at support dot net? And I can take a look in the morning.

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
douglas
@douglas
6 years ago
2,767 posts
Annush:
Sorry Douglas, it doesn't I tried it.

What profile is this for?

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
douglas
@douglas
6 years ago
2,767 posts
I believe I have this working for you, can you check it and let me know?

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos

Tags