solved Using ffmpeg to make audio and video sprites for a profile

SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
7 years ago
2,583 posts
I am thinking around a problem and wondered if anyone here knows anything about this.

Any idea how to combine all video, and all audio for a profile into single files using ffmpeg?

I am thinking "video sprites" as a way around restrictions in iOS.

Thanks
:)

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)

updated by @ultrajam: 12/27/17 12:43:50PM
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
Did a related project recently where uploaded audio gets overlaid with "this is some site" type tagging using 'sox'.

It took the uploaded "this is some-site.com" audio snipit, added some seconds of silence to it, then grafted that together until it was long enough to exceed the length of any uploaded song.

Sent invite to the channel if you want to take a look for anything useful in there. sent to s....@u....e.com
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
7 years ago
2,583 posts
Thanks Michael, much appreciated. I will take a look at that now.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
The bit I think you're interested in is around line 284 of include.php where the track is manipulated, then joined together.

Then for your concept, grab all the mp3 files you're interested in and
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14634036/how-to-merge-several-audio-files-using-sox#14634094
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
7 years ago
2,583 posts
Thanks Michael, that was very useful.

For now I have made an item module with a simple tool for the admin to enter a profile id, all the audio files are concatenated into a single file and created as a profile item for the module.

Still have to make that work on the front end, but I'm pleased with my profgress for this weekend.

--
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
Nice one! :)

Tags