Need custamisation support

myshanks
myshanks
@shankar-prasad
2 years ago
4 posts
Hi I am from India and I feel I can use this platform for my project. But I need someone to customize it and may be develop few modules. Anyone with whom I can talk with?. You can reach me at myshanks at gmail. Let me tell you I am a one man startup with shoe string budget. But can offer a share in the startup as it happens
updated by @shankar-prasad: 09/09/22 05:05:32AM
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
Right now this reads as: You build me my site and you can have some of the profit that may or may not arrive.

If you're looking for someone to build the project for you with the hope that maybe they will be paid later on if its a success or never if its not then its a good idea to outline what you need built and how you are going to promote it once the developer has built whatever it is that you're asking them to build.

You may be an exceptional promoter with a great idea. Share your idea to attract potential development partners.
updated by @michael: 06/09/22 01:57:40AM
myshanks
myshanks
@shankar-prasad
2 years ago
4 posts
Thanks Michael for your reply. It is not that I will not pay a single dollar. There may be some fee which we can negotiate. What I meant was can't afford a real industry level professional fee per hour. However, I will share my thoughts. India do not have a LinkedIn level professional platform for Teachers, students and parents. Education system is getting redefined now and there is a need for teachers to connect and network. Also, except govt teachers private school teachers are paid minuscule and they have no idea on additional revenue generation for themselves. We provide that platform to learn, relearn, concept plans for classroom and any content required for them to be effective. But it will be curated. Same with students, unless they network among them, they will not be successful in life. Networking is everything. This has to be seen from Indian perspective. I have little idea on other countries. I have a pitch deck, is interested to know more can share.
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
Awesome, that's really useful information. From the perspective of a developer what I would want to know in a situation like this is:
* What needs to be built into the system in order to get it to minimum functionality.
* From the point of minimum functionality what is the next step to get users onto the site.
* Once users are on the site who is doing support for the users.
* How does the site become profitable at least to the point where the staff of the site can recoup the time invested.

Because its going to need to be the developer working with you who invests time in the hope of getting paid later its a good idea to show a path on how that paid-later is going to arrive.

It sounds like you have a good idea to help your community. :)
myshanks
myshanks
@shankar-prasad
2 years ago
4 posts
Yes I have answers for all the questions you have.
* I will share the MVP on your mail id (if you can share it)
* I have been in the edu domain for almost 3 decades and have a closed group of schools. I have spoken to them and hope to sign up students and teachers from those schools (in 3 months about 10000 students and 300 teachers) even otherwise I have access to a large number of schools to talk to.
* I have my wife who is digitally sound and a Librarian by profession and a set of 3 home makers/teachers who will support and curate (to start with, but will institutionalize it professionally as we go forward). On tech support, whoever supports me now will continue to support us for a fee offcourse, until I find a person competent for day to day support. You will be a sort of Lead Tech Head.
* I will share the pitch deck with you which will have go to market and commercials. Kindly share your mail id.
michael
@michael
2 years ago
7,692 posts
There's a difference between developer and customer support usually. Customer support help the customers USE the site and whenever they find the customers having difficulty doing things then they let the developer know so they can try to make it easier to use. Finding developers who are also good with people is rare.

I think you've outlined what it is you're looking for well. Lets see if anybody around here wants to join you on your worthy journey. :)
myshanks
myshanks
@shankar-prasad
2 years ago
4 posts
You are right. That's the reason I wrote about both customer support and platform tech support. I will really appreciate if you can put a word around in your group. Thanks a million

Tags