possible jr6 bug

soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
8 years ago
3,304 posts
in sb adding images to a page using the sb uploaded images thingy i get the error (with bad grammar) upload file was not saved. no create database item for the file

note: i no longer get any error messages, but still no images show up, and exploring the datastore and db through phpmyadmin jrImage_item and jrImage_item_key have nothing at all in them
i can upload images into the forums using the embed local media button that works
but doesnt seem to use this db table
i suspect its a typo somewhere in the sitebuilder

server logs contain this
2016-10-28 19:18:24	Access	71.225.6.155	200	POST /core/upload_file/?orderid=1&upload_name=upimg_file&field_name=pm_upimg_file&upload_token=469c90d32334eb1b6fa851113259c4c8&extensions=png%2Cjpg%2Cgif%2Cjpeg&multiple=true&pm_upimg_file=DSCN3418+(1).JPG HTTP/1.1	http://fwi.dreadlockssite.com/	Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.79 Safari/537.36 Edge/14.14393	400 	Apache access
2016-10-28 19:18:25	Access	71.225.6.155	200	POST /upimg/create_save HTTP/1.1	http://fwi.dreadlockssite.com/	Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.79 Safari/537.36 Edge/14.14393	4.13 K	Apache access
which to me looks like a success except for it not writing to the db

ironically, it seemed to work just right a few days ago

further testing dropped tabled ran integrity check verified tables were added back repeated steps ..still failed
oh yea also tried disabling convert to jpg (images uploaded are jpg anyway)

secondary bug
{jrCore_list module="jrForum" order_by="forum_updated desc" limit="10"}
results in the reply showing in the list too instead of just the topic bumping to top of list when updated

--
soaringeagle
head dreadhead at dreadlocks site
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities

updated by @soaringeagle: 01/27/17 02:03:26AM
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,692 posts
The code that handles that section is only updating the 'upimg_title_url' so if its failing its because an appropriate name can not be found for whatever that file is called.

What are the names of the files you are using?

#$%^$#@!@.jpg
Will fail.
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
8 years ago
3,304 posts
theres a number of them i'll attach them it was working now its not

SantinaMuha2.jpg
SantinaMuha2.jpg  •  85KB

Ruth-Aragon.jpg
Ruth-Aragon.jpg  •  514KB

img-Outreach.jpg
img-Outreach.jpg  •  47KB

img-news.jpg
img-news.jpg  •  71KB

fucci_5.jpg
fucci_5.jpg  •  54KB

DSCN3419 (1).JPG.jpg
DSCN3419 (1).JPG.jpg  •  5.6MB

DSCN3418 (1).JPG.jpg

--
soaringeagle
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
8 years ago
3,304 posts
the exact same files uploaded fine to the gallrery just not using the sitebuilder uploaded images thing

--
soaringeagle
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,692 posts
Suspect this structure causes the issue:
DSCN3419 (1).JPG.jpg

Will test here with your images. Just upload them to a blog post via Upload tab in the embedded editor right?
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,692 posts
nope, unable to make it fail with your images. Got some steps to make it fail?

--edit--
site builder worked too.
updated by @michael: 10/28/16 07:23:54PM
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
8 years ago
3,304 posts
i tested with many files that was just cause those files downloaded from my camera twice i tried the other versions without the (1)
and most of the times i only tried the small files or even just 1 of the small files

heres the odd part
at 1st i got that message, but the list of images showed up in green as if they uploaded but when i saved nothing showed
then that message went away and after they upload the list doesn't stay there in green it just vanishes

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
8 years ago
3,304 posts
want to try it on my site?
fwi.dreadlockssite.com

--
soaringeagle
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,692 posts
Don't really want to debug a beta version for issues that may have already been fixed. If there is a way for me to reproduce it that would be better.

If the issue still exists on your server after JR6 is out of beta we can think about logging in to debug the cause.
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
8 years ago
3,304 posts
how would i roll back the image core version? cause i swear it worked a few days ago maybe last week ..
but its behavior has changed today just using it

am i correct in thinking that the sitebuider uploasded photos (rotator) uses jrimage_item jrimage_item_key cause those tables have nothing in them at all

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
8 years ago
3,304 posts
ps restarted mysql tried both apache and litespeed
somethings odd cause i thought jrimage handled all images including those posted in html widgets and forum poosts

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
8 years ago
3,304 posts
odd... i went back through (after changing my profile quota) and reset all the modules quota permissions and ..somehow ..without re-uploading them they all reappeared

but still have the forum issue with it showing the replies in the list

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
8 years ago
3,304 posts
ps how soons jr 6 going to be released

--
soaringeagle
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,692 posts
Not far off now.
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
8 years ago
3,304 posts
ok this http://fwi.dreadlockssite.com/forums
ad the forum list on the front page is the only bug i found so far
see how the replies are listed too not just the forum posts?

--
soaringeagle

Tags