solved Jamroom Install on Amazon EC2 instance

shwetharmaiya
@shwetharmaiya
last year
10 posts
I have setup a amazon ec2 instance and loaded Jamroom open source code onto it.
On accessing install.php, it gets stuck saying ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.
How to proceed?
updated by @shwetharmaiya: 04/29/23 05:34:48AM
michael
@michael
last year
7,692 posts
Ive never run it from EC2 so don't really know, but the first thing would be to change it from an ipaddress to a domain name. That's often the cause of issues.

Need to make sure mod-rewrite is enabled, is EC2 apache? i dont know.

Here's the requirements doc

Docs: Server Requirements
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/getting-started/774/server-requirements
shwetharmaiya
@shwetharmaiya
last year
10 posts
The problem was solved by using Ubuntu 22.04 with PHP 8.1.

Now my next question is I am getting this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Table 'mydb.jr_jrcore_log' doesn't exist in /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/mysql.php:500 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/mysql.php(500): mysqli_query() #1 /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/mysql.php(1071): jrCore_db_query() #2 /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/schema.php(61): jrCore_db_verify_table() #3 /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/module.php(372): jrCore_db_schema() #4 /var/www/html/install.php(335): jrCore_validate_module_schema() #5 /var/www/html/install.php(151): jrInstall_install_system() #6 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/mysql.php on line 500

How to proceed?
michael
@michael
last year
7,692 posts
run the repair system.

There is a file in the root folder called repair.php.html rename that to repair.php and access it at your-site.com/repair.php

Docs: "Somethings wrong, what do I do?"
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/troubleshooting/114/somethings-wrong-what-do-i-do#if-you-cannot-get-in-to-the-acp
shwetharmaiya
@shwetharmaiya
last year
10 posts
This is error I get when I run repair.php

Jamroom Repair beginning

Repairing Database Tables...

Resetting Template and Database caches...
Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Table 'mydb.jr_jrcore_cache_profile_id' doesn't exist in /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/mysql.php:500 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/mysql.php(500): mysqli_query() #1 /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/cache.php(904): jrCore_db_query() #2 /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/cache.php(489): _jrCore_mysql_delete_cache() #3 /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/cache.php(504): jrCore_delete_config_cache() #4 /var/www/html/repair.php(142): jrCore_delete_all_cache_entries() #5 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/mysql.php on line 500

Regards
Shwetha
michael
@michael
last year
7,692 posts
here's that table. its in SQL format so import it to your DB. I've never seen that error before, lets see if adding the table fixes it.
shwetharmaiya
@shwetharmaiya
last year
10 posts
Hi Michael,

I executed the SQL statements manually as mysql was giving --secure-file-priv error.
Once the SQL Statements were run, I confirmed the presence of the table by SHOW TABLES.

Now, When I do repair.php, I get a different table.
Jamroom Repair beginning

Repairing Database Tables...
jr_jrcore_cache_profile_id - database table repair complete

Resetting Template and Database caches...
Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Table 'mydb.jr_jrcore_cache_value' doesn't exist in /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/mysql.php:500 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/mysql.php(500): mysqli_query() #1 /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/cache.php(904): jrCore_db_query() #2 /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/cache.php(489): _jrCore_mysql_delete_cache() #3 /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/cache.php(504): jrCore_delete_config_cache() #4 /var/www/html/repair.php(142): jrCore_delete_all_cache_entries() #5 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/modules/jrCore/lib/mysql.php on line 500

Regards,
Shwetha
shwetharmaiya
@shwetharmaiya
last year
10 posts
Hi Michael,

From what I see, the creation of tables while installing and removal of tables while repairing is not happening in Jamroom Open source.

Can you help me how to solve it ?

Regards
Shwetha
michael
@michael
last year
7,692 posts
Sorry this is happening. I suspect its because we're mid way into developing the next major version and the repair.php script is looking for that stucture.
shwetharmaiya
@shwetharmaiya
last year
10 posts
HI Michael,

I was able to install Jamroom using PHP 7.3.

When will the support for PHP 8 , 8.1 using Jamroom will be given?

Regards
Shwetha
douglas
@douglas
last year
2,767 posts
shwetharmaiya:
HI Michael,

I was able to install Jamroom using PHP 7.3.

When will the support for PHP 8 , 8.1 using Jamroom will be given?

Regards
Shwetha

Jamroom 7 will be compatible with PHP 8 and is still in the works at this time.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
shwetharmaiya
@shwetharmaiya
last year
10 posts
Thank you for the reply. Appreciate it.

Regards
Shwetha