solved Possible issue: update audio stuck on conversion

alt=
@tettlingen
8 years ago
93 posts
HI!

i think I might have found an issue.

When I tries to change an audio file (upload a new file over an existing one) to an already uploaded song It gets stuck in conversion mode:

it sais: "This audio file is currently being processed and will appear here when complete. "

i noticed that if I go in to the audio update page, the audio upload functions is not there, but maybye this is how it is suppose to be when the conversion process has started?

i don´t think it is anything wrong with the conversion server because when I upload a new song it converts as it should.

I have amason s3 server, disable sample creation ON and i tried with a wav file.
i run a celebrity skin clone.. (Some modifications . it does not happen anything different if I turn of modifications of tpl files or if I change skin to any other original skin ... same thing,

Tried clear cashe and integrity check ofcourse,

I tried uploaded_audio/reconvert - but that reverted the audio file to what it was before
When I try to upload another file in its place it just ignore my upload and play the original file...

Worth mentioning. I did this as master admin on another users audio file.
i also logged in as the user in question and did another audio update, same thing

Any ideas?

Kindrest regards.
updated by @tettlingen: 09/24/16 02:01:17AM
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,697 posts
Thank you for a very specific report, awesome writeup of whats happening :)

You could check the queue, found at:
DASHBOARD -> QUEUE VIEWER

you should see any conversion processes that are happening in there if it really is still being converted.

This is my test system:
http://iixxiicc.jamroomhosting.com/

Its setup to be using amazon S3 and is running on the latest code base we have. Could you create an account there and see if the same thing happens with the wav file in question. I think the system is similar to yours.

If it fails there too, then we know its probably a bug that is not site-specific.
alt=
@tettlingen
8 years ago
93 posts
Hi Michael!

Glad you liked my report :)

I did as you suggested:

1. QUEUE VIEWER - nothing here

2. Created account test160825 at your testsite and uploaded 2 wav files

a short test signal wav
b full length music file 48 24 bit wav

Currently they are not converting on your test system - time: +60 min
i tested wav file B on my system and it converted and plays just fine

When I tried to change the audio file to another similar wav file its once again stuck with the text
"This audio file is currently being processed and will appear here when complete"

i checked quota settings and file formats and audio is allowed on profile and allowed file formats are wav and aif.

I also checked the bucket on amazon s3 and I did find

USER account 3: (quota 3 in my system)

2 wav files from yesterday 24 august and a couple of mp3 files.

I also found wav from yesterday in the master admins bucket... Files that master admin uploaded to the quota 3 profile.

Maybye admin cant play god and upload files to other users.?

To test if this was the case, if there was some kind of conflict between admin and user, i logged in a user and uploaded a new song

Result: Both wav and converted mp3 files was found in bucket. (see pic)

and then updated this audio file with a new wav file.

result: only wav files was found in bucket - no new mp3-files

the other wav file and previous mp3 files were deleted.

Audio conversion stuck again

Thanks.
amazons3 test 160825.jpg

michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,697 posts
Is there a location I can download wav file A and B ?
alt=
@tettlingen
8 years ago
93 posts
Sure. I think I like to move this discussion to a ticket then, if you don´t mind. Thanks
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,697 posts
The solution to this one was:
brian:....the root cause was that you had installed ALL Cloud modules which causes conflicts. Unless you know specifically why you need a Cloud module, do not activate it.

I disabled all the cloud modules you do not need on your site and everything is working. You can delete the disabled cloud modules from your system - do not enable them.

Tags