VR / 360 video experiences - any interest?

SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
Anyone interested in this stuff? Or in protest? Strikes? Higher Education?

This is a 360 "experience" created, delivered and hosted on Jamroom code and servers. I shot the 360 and straight video and took the photos whilst on strike from work at University of Bristol.

I'm interested in some feedback on different devices, so if you do take a look please let me know that you have and which device/browser/headset/OS/viewing method you have used.

I'm also interested in what you thought of the "Experience".

Currently some issues with motion sensors on Android using Chrome m65.

It has a "gaze-based cursor" for headsets which also works on browsers, but on browsers you should also be able to click with the mouse or tap with the finger on touch devices.

To get a fullscreen experience (necessary for Cardboard VR mode) iOS phones and small iPads will want to save the safari page using the Share > Add to Home button, and then launch the experience from that. On large iPads I just put up with the browser bar being in place. It only really makes a difference when using a VR headset when it messes with the stereoscopic vision.

Wear headphones or turn the volume up, it does make a difference to the feeling.

Please do let me know what you think, and if you can try it in a Cardboard vr headset please do! I will be testing on Rift / Vive / Playstation etc in the next week or two, how that will go is currently unknowns.

Any and all feedback welcome. The link:
https://virti.co/uss-strikes-2018

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)

updated by @ultrajam: 07/10/18 03:14:39AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
And if you like libraries, there are 360 photo tours of our 9 libraries shot in the summer viewable here:
https://virti.co/uob-library/

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
And if you have a 360 camera of some kind and would like to try authoring an experience from your 360 photos, 360 videos, normal photos, normal videos let me know (more media types [such as audio, 3d models, environments] in the pipeline).

--
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
That's very cool. I dont have a VR headset, but love the concept.

Tags