switching from highly customized ningja to ninja and old shops to new

soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
6 years ago
3,304 posts
yes i am wayyy behind omn site updates
been dreading updating from ningja to ninja and the old shops to new

what is the easiest way to do it if its highly customixzed including adding class names
what in css and templates match up and what does not? do shop products port over to new system so only my list calls would need updating/

what is the best easiet way to do further updates i had been creating a new version of each relase compare and edit each template backing up 3 css files and using my custom ones

but every release requires redoing all that is there a way to have new releases use existing customizations without creating a new clone and editing that all over again?

what re the primary diferences from ningja and ninja and the old and new shops

--
soaringeagle
head dreadhead at dreadlocks site
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities

updated by @soaringeagle: 04/08/19 02:15:36AM
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
6 years ago
3,304 posts
seperate question but is there a way to block ad scripts if a form fields added and checked
i dont alow anything sexualized in any way but casual, incidental, or artistic nudity if minimal is ok, but not with adsense. so want a way to block the ad script with a simple check box and if then else script run condition.
its just several ppl take dread photos straight out of the shower after waashing and hadn't even realized a nipple wass showing.. other videos from rainbow gatherings might have a few naked people wandering by..
even a video of the omo people
Natural Fashions of the Omo Valley, Ethiopia

which is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen would get flaged by adsense, so i want a way to add a may contain nudity checkbox that disables ad scripts rather then remove members content thats perfectly harmless like a breast feeding momma (we have a breast feeding group and a natural parenting group and stuff like that)

--
soaringeagle
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
Nothing that I know of in a way of an advert blocking script. Other than things you add to your browser like uBlock.

MAYbe the "Flag Item" module
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/networkmarket/622/flag-item

so it can be reviewed.
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
6 years ago
3,304 posts
nah i dont mind em i just thought thered be maybe a if form item checked nothing else run ad scripts type thing
but what abut the main question or would that more be for paul to answer

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
6 years ago
3,304 posts
@michael u have a list of featured sites right would u maybe add freedomswings.org ?

--
soaringeagle
SoftDesigns
SoftDesigns
@softdesigns
5 years ago
242 posts
@soaringeagle - We saw your thread, and maybe we have the same goal:
Quote: what is the best easiet way to do further updates i had been creating a new version of each relase compare and edit each template backing up 3 css files and using my custom ones

but every release requires redoing all that is there a way to have new releases use existing customizations without creating a new clone and editing that all over again?

We had a previous thread below, which maybe related to what you are trying to achieve? :
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/forum/my_posts/59143/custom-skin-upgrades

Let us know if you find a good way to upgrade JR skin, without having to manually copy/paste previous customization code...
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
have too many custom created templates for that

--
soaringeagle
SoftDesigns
SoftDesigns
@softdesigns
5 years ago
242 posts
@soaringeagle - Yes, it seems you have very nice work on your custom templates :)
--
I assume you cloned your skin, and did many customizations.
Seems a bit of a challenge when your original master Skin, say Ninja skin gets updated.
--
How do you update your original master Skin without losing all your custom changes?
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
5 years ago
3,304 posts
i clone the new version of the skin, i copy over all mty custom templates that start with my like my-forums.tpm i backup 3 css files site.css.bak index and 1 other i cant think of copying over my customized 1 and then do a compare on ann the jamroom supplied templates i customized when yu do that you can simply click the arrow to move the highlated custom code segments to the new template
then i just activate the new template
its a bit of work but worth it

--
soaringeagle

Tags