This is the Jamroom Import module - designed to "import" an existing Jamroom 4 site into a new Jamroom installation.
Jamroom 5 (and newer) are not a direct upgrade to Jamroom 4 - do not simply install Jamroom over top of Jamroom 4 - it will break your existing Jamroom 4 installation!
The steps required to upgrade to Jamroom are:
1) Setup a new site running Jamroom 5+ (all modules installed that you will use)
2) Install the Jamroom 4 module in your existing Jamroom 4 install and set the access key
3) Run the Import tool from your new Jamroom site and fill in the information to "import" your existing Jamroom 4 site into the new Jamroom site.
The upgrade from Jamroom 4 to Jamroom is technical, and can take many hours depending on if your Jamroom installation is in the same data center as your Jamroom 4 install, and depending on how large the data is in your existing Jamroom 4 install.
FOR EXPERIENCED SITE OWNERS ONLY!
Jamroom 4 Import Module changelog
- Bug Fix: Product module image import filename error
- Bug Fix: Product module import wasn't importing custom fields
- New: Option to import store items to the Product module
- New: song_isrc, song_alicense and song_slicense fields now included in imports
- New: band_soundlike and song_lyrics fields now included in imports
- Change: YouTube imports updated to do a better job of getting YouTube ID from text
- New: Remove Emoji function added for forum text imports
- Change: YouTube imports now include the publishedAt tag
- New: Import custom embedded video code to either the YouTube or Vimeo modules has been added
- Bug Fix: Imported text with accented characters wasn't being imported
- New: Audio and Video Genre tool to add missing genres: yoursite.com/import/add_audio_and_video_genre_urls
- Bug Fix: Imported songs and videos now have audio_genre_url and video_genre_url created
- Bug Fix: File size check to not import audio files under 100 bytes
- Bug Fix: Importing bands now saves the JR4 band_active variable in the profile datastore
- Bug Fix: Comment import checks that soundcloud, youtube or vimeo modules are active before importing a comment on them
- Bug Fix: profile item counts were being incremented once too often
- Bug Fix: artists and users now imported seperately, other bug fixes
- Bug Fix: import images now works when JR4 site is in maintenence mode
- Adding new Changelog
- Initial release