Importing your Jamroom 4 date into a new Jamroom install
Jamroom 4 and Jamroom 5+ are not compatible in any way
. "Upgrading" to the latest Jamroom is a multi-step process:
1) Create a new install of Jamroom in a different location on your server (or a completely separate server).
2) Download the Jamroom Import module:
and install the Jamroom 4 module it contains in your Jamroom 4 install.
3) Install the Jamroom Import module in your Jamroom install via the Marketplace.
4) Follow the directions to "Import" your Jamroom 4 site to your new Jamroom site:
5) When satisfied your NEW Jamroom site is setup as you want, update your DNS to point to the new server, or move your Jamroom 4 site to a new location on the server and move your new Jamroom site to the proper directory.
If you're unsure of doing this process yourself, Jamroom 4 importing is offered as a Service: