solved Disable audio uploads but retain the audio on profiles

iLoveHouseMusic
iLoveHouseMusic
@ilovehousemusic
10 years ago
517 posts
Hello,
Refresh my memory again on how I can accomplish this:

1. I want to disable audio uploads (side wide). I understand I may need to do this for each quota.
2. I want to still display (stream/download) existing audio that artists have uploaded.

What I'm doing is sunsetting my audio upload feature. I simply can't compete with SoundCloud and their player. I will just have my site showcase the artist profile w/ their bio/YT vids, SC audio.

It's becoming increasingly difficult (and confusing for new users) to have the ability to upload audio and also import SC. I want to simplify the approach to hosting audio. Also, I am rethinking how I want to monetize the site, and it will not involve hosted audio unfortunately.

Thanks for your time
BC
updated by @ilovehousemusic: 08/02/14 11:17:05AM
brian
@brian
10 years ago
10,144 posts
I'm not sure at the moment how to accomplish this - the quota check happens at so many places in JR (since that's the purpose of it). You can turn off audio module in the quotas, but that's going to hide the audio section on their profile.

The only thing you can do is create a skin template with a jrCore_list call in it and set quota_check="false" so the list will be created regardless of quota - then customize your profile menu template to include a link to that template.

It would be a bit of work however, and it's not something we can really customize for you right here in the forum.

Sorry!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
10 years ago
2,583 posts
It isnt foolproof (it only removes the buttons on a profile's audio page, not the actual upload forms), but you can click the "configure buttons" button in the profile audio header, then modify the button menu to not show the create album and create audio buttons.

Alternatively you could copy /modules/jrAudio/item_index.tpl to your active skin dir and rename to jrAudio_item_index.tpl.

Then delete this line to remove the audio header buttons:
{jrCore_item_index_buttons module="jrAudio" profile_id=$_profile_id}

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
brian
@brian
10 years ago
10,144 posts
SteveX:
It isnt foolproof (it only removes the buttons on a profile's audio page, not the actual upload forms), but you can click the "configure buttons" button in the profile audio header, then modify the button menu to not show the create album and create audio buttons.

nice one Steve - didn't think about that!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
iLoveHouseMusic
iLoveHouseMusic
@ilovehousemusic
10 years ago
517 posts
@stevex - good one, didn't think of that either!
iLoveHouseMusic
iLoveHouseMusic
@ilovehousemusic
10 years ago
517 posts
Thanks, it works. For now, without the create audio and create album buttons there is an appearance that this is disabled. Thanks!

Tags