PaintMyPhoto - Ning to Jamroom Migration

alt=
Artemis
@artemis
9 years ago
1 posts
Not a question, but perhaps a useful review for anyone considering a move from Ning to Jamroom.

I have been working closely with Jamroom over the last few weeks to help @roy-simmons move his site, PaintMyPhoto, from Ning to Jamroom. It has been a huge task, with 26,000 members and 100,000+ high resolution images to move. We elected to use Jamroom's hosting service (which is working very well for us).

In a past life I worked with many software companies, but I have to say that Jamroom hold the trophy for excellent service. Everyone at Jamroom has been so helpful, we couldn't have asked for better service. Thanks especially go to Paul Asher, who has been a superstar, hand-holding and helping us bring into realisation our aspirations for the new site.

It is the case that you do need to spend a little time familiarising yourself with how the product works, but it really is worth the effort. There is so much potential available.

PaintMyPhoto is going live tomorrow (29th May 2015), but the few members we already have on the site testing are thrilled with what it offers.

We are so pleased to have chosen to move to Jamroom and look forward to continuing to develop and improve the site using this great product.
updated by @artemis: 06/29/15 03:50:40PM
alt=
Roy Simmons
@roy-simmons
9 years ago
37 posts
Just to add my thanks! The guys at JR have been amazing, we know we have made the correct choice! If anyone who has a ning network is hesitant to move, I would say do it. At the very least you have your site on a platform that has expansion and customizing possibilities that ning users can only dream of!
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
3,602 posts
Totally agree!! I think my site may even be next in line after you to go live from Ning to Jamroom, I'm working with Paul right now.
It's true, the Jamroom Team leaves all other support groups in the dust. And the platform feels unlimited, compared to 'absentee landlord' Ning and their confining little box.

I'm happy for you Roy, and very excited for my own site soon as well!

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
alt=
Roy Simmons
@roy-simmons
9 years ago
37 posts
Excellent! Wishing you every success Strumelia.
michael
@michael
9 years ago
7,697 posts
Warm fuzzy feeling. :) Yup, Paul rocks! :)
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
3,602 posts
You rock too Michael! And Brian, and Douglas!

{{{warm fuzzy group hug...}}}

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
alt=
Roy Simmons
@roy-simmons
9 years ago
37 posts
Ex Ningsters are not used to luv from developers!! :)

Tags