Possible Issue

SeanChaney
SeanChaney
@seanchaney
8 years ago
58 posts
Not sure if this is Jamroom or Foxycart or if this is happing to others or me. When an item is selected for purchase and I go to check out it kicks me back into my profile if I do this using Chrome, Firefox, but if I use Edge it takes me through the checkout process. Tried on multiple computers and from several different Internet providers and the same results happen. It was working on all browsers when I was testing a couple weeks ago. I have not changed anything in my foxycart settings since then I don't think.
updated by @seanchaney: 04/06/17 10:55:55PM
michael
@michael
8 years ago
7,697 posts
any messages in the console log? When you do it in firefox, if you have firebug installed, you can hit F12 to open firebug. In there there is a CONSOLE panel that adds lines of what is happening with javascript at any point in time.

If you click the PERSIST button in that console, then even if the page refreshes, the log lines from the previous page will still be present. I'd be interested to know what those lines read at the point where you get kicked back.

Nothing in the error/debug/activity logs (probably not for javascript issues, but also worth checking.)?

Can try from here if you want to give me some steps.
SeanChaney
SeanChaney
@seanchaney
8 years ago
58 posts
I did all the above and did not seem to find any issues but I think I realize what is happening possibly.
I'm using profile domains, my main site is musicpronet.com the profile that I am testing purchasing through url has changed to https://teknatronik.breakbeats.pro using Profile Domains. I do not know If this is what is causing it but it is strange that Edge browser allows me to continue and Chrome and Firefox return me to my logged in profile.
SeanChaney
SeanChaney
@seanchaney
8 years ago
58 posts
I am having difficulties finding the persist button and have not done that yet. is that in the firebug add on?
SeanChaney
SeanChaney
@seanchaney
8 years ago
58 posts
My hypothesis that it was being created by Profile domains is not correct. I disabled the Profile domain on the specific account above and issue is still occurring.
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,144 posts
SeanChaney:
My hypothesis that it was being created by Profile domains is not correct. I disabled the Profile domain on the specific account above and issue is still occurring.

The link to the cart should be the same regardless of the custom domain, since that is offsite (FoxyCart).

Do you have a URL to the page so we can try checking out from here?

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
SeanChaney
SeanChaney
@seanchaney
8 years ago
58 posts
Hi Brian Thanks for the response! the active test user for music for purchase is https://teknatronik.breakbeats.pro but I believe it also happens if I test buy a subscription. I was thinking I might need to rebuild from a fresh install. I took this from Jamroom 5 through the entire Beta development and into 6. I was hoping to launch before the new year but I want to make sure everything is good and going to wait. I did just buy the actual live subscrption to Foxycart maybe that is the issue. I seem to be having some other issues as well that I do not think others are experiencing that's why I was thinking maybe I need to start fresh. as a recap this is what I am experiencing through foxycart: Edge will allow you into the cart for purchase but Chrome, Firefox my browser on my Android phone kick me back into my profile. Could you give me the link to the most current setup instructions for foxycart intigration maybe I screwed up something in the settings?
Your welcome to create an account for testing as well. I'm not live yet still Beta testing :)

And Merry Christmas to You and the Jamroom Team!! :)
updated by @seanchaney: 12/23/16 08:27:36AM
SeanChaney
SeanChaney
@seanchaney
8 years ago
58 posts
Found the issue I believe. I had "Force Login to Checkout" checked. When I uncheck this box it allows firefox, chrome and Android phone browser to go through checkout process. when I checked it again issue reappeared. I now have it unchecked and it seems to allow all browsers to the checkout.
brian
@brian
8 years ago
10,144 posts
SeanChaney:
Found the issue I believe. I had "Force Login to Checkout" checked. When I uncheck this box it allows firefox, chrome and Android phone browser to go through checkout process. when I checked it again issue reappeared. I now have it unchecked and it seems to allow all browsers to the checkout.

Weird - the browser (or being mobile) shouldn't matter with that since the "force login" is a Location URL redirect, which works regardless of browser and OS.

We can check it out though.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

Tags