solved [BUG] iPhone / Responsive Mobile Profile Update Add Picture

AppXprt
AppXprt
@appxprt
7 years ago
40 posts
Installed latest download package to resolve admin user creation and login issue resolved in another thread. Noticed a few issues when getting some test users setup... On iPhone in Safari and Chrome, most likely other mobile devices (Responsive Design Issue), when you go to update your profile and add a picture, at first the Save and Cancel Buttons are there but once you click upload and select a picture from your device the footer will then cutoff the Buttons entirely making it impossible to Save or Cancel effectively making any picture / profile updates ineffective and impossible. This is on the Elastic Skin with a brand new Fresh Install as of yesterday, only customization's I've made so far are literally to colors and adding a few free modules.

I noticed another bug last night, but still trying to remember and find that one, will update once I find that one again and expect many more from me ;-)

https://www.vixiv.net
https://social.vixiv.net
updated by @appxprt: 06/01/17 12:03:07AM
AppXprt
AppXprt
@appxprt
7 years ago
40 posts
Just Checked on a couple of Android devices with chrome, and same issues there but you can't even see the buttons initially with the footer cutting off quite a bit. Anyone with an Apple or Android device can register on my site and see for themselves? I can delete your account afterwards if you don't want to be a part of my community :-P
Just use some dummy info or something...
2017-02-25.png
2017-02-25.png  •  95KB

updated by @appxprt: 02/25/17 12:59:02PM
AppXprt
AppXprt
@appxprt
7 years ago
40 posts
Ok so check that bug out too... I added the picture once, then removed it because my friends email was in it, once removing that from the image, re-upload that image with the same name and extension and there is another bug (in this install we're on now.)

Attaching the Image to this post to see what happens, will change name if needed.

Edit:
Attaching the image to this post fixed in above post, not sure if it is desired to replace attachments with same name, maybe rename?
2017-02-25.png
2017-02-25.png  •  95KB

updated by @appxprt: 02/25/17 01:12:30PM
AppXprt
AppXprt
@appxprt
7 years ago
40 posts
Let's try to replicate that one bug once more:
BugTest-2017-02-25.png

updated by @appxprt: 02/25/17 01:11:32PM
AppXprt
AppXprt
@appxprt
7 years ago
40 posts
One more bug, hover remove button "X" to remove the image in above post does not work, unless you edit the actual post and then the hover "X" will remove the picture. Removing Above Picture to address other bug related to pictures in DB.

Edit:
Hmm so I didn't get the same result on replicating the "upload image with same name after delete and edit" bug, may have been related to an upload glitch of some sort, but the others stills stand.
updated by @appxprt: 02/25/17 01:08:51PM
AppXprt
AppXprt
@appxprt
7 years ago
40 posts
Another Bug, as an admin if I go to someone else's profile, I can approve followers for them... Cool, I like all the features this platform provides...

But the buttons are confined to the thumbnail image and smushed together to the point that they are overlapping each other, this is on a 27" Widescreen monitor viewing the site in fullscreen so I have a pretty nice perspective to the point that the thumbnail is nice and big, but the buttons are still overlapping before clicking Approve. After approving it is fine and only shows Delete and the Checkmark as expected.
updated by @appxprt: 02/25/17 01:44:19PM
AppXprt
AppXprt
@appxprt
7 years ago
40 posts
Another Responsive Bug... Searching for a user on android, the Footer is cutting off users thumbnail image.
samsung galaxy j7
2017-02-25.jpg
2017-02-25.jpg  •  67KB

updated by @appxprt: 02/25/17 01:49:20PM
AppXprt
AppXprt
@appxprt
7 years ago
40 posts
Undetermined bug -> Request Desktop Site / Version from Mobile Device
AppXprt
AppXprt
@appxprt
7 years ago
40 posts
Update!!! Click to View the Image in the 2nd post to see the "upload image with same name after delete and edit" bug showing a big Question Mark.
AppXprt
AppXprt
@appxprt
7 years ago
40 posts
Throw me some readme's and tutorials on where to start with this platform and I would be more than willing to contribute some fixes! It's all a bit confusing at the moment...
douglas
@douglas
7 years ago
2,773 posts
Hello and welcome to Jamroom!

This is a skin CSS issue, in your skins/jrElastic2/css/override_mobile.css file, find this:

#wrapper {
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        padding-top: 48px;
    }

and change it to this:

#wrapper {
        min-height:inherit;
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        padding-top: 48px;
    }

We'll get this added to the next release of the skin.

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
AppXprt
AppXprt
@appxprt
7 years ago
40 posts
Thank you for the reply and info! I would like to become a dev so I can just fix these issues when I find them and send them back upstream...
There were multiple bugs I've found, but I'm not familiar with the structure of this platform at all. I'm pretty familiar with PHP7 so I just need some info on how this system works and is laid out and where to start with all of it. I am very interested in getting my adsense setup and enabled and I have a few questions. Is anyone familiar with a module that will allow users to include their adsense or better yet, some analytics that allows for calculating how much each a user generates through adsense / page views.
updated by @appxprt: 02/26/17 08:40:58AM
AppXprt
AppXprt
@appxprt
7 years ago
40 posts
No luck with that:
min-height:inherit;
Added through nano to the file you specified and it showed up in style editor for that skin though. See new Screen Shot...
AppXprt
AppXprt
@appxprt
7 years ago
40 posts
Another SS triggering the responsive layout in a browser window.
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
7 years ago
3,602 posts
vixivtech:
Throw me some readme's and tutorials on where to start with this platform and I would be more than willing to contribute some fixes! It's all a bit confusing at the moment...

Look under the link at top of this page for SUPPORT- follow the "Getting Started" and especially the "Documentation" link there, for tons of terrific in-depth tutorials on the Jamroom platform- also there's an index of tutorial subjects to allow you to focus in on a particular area you are confused about.

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
douglas
@douglas
7 years ago
2,773 posts
I've made a couple of more changes to the override_mobile.css file and the site.css file.

override_mobile.css changes:

Near the bottom of the page, find this:

#footer {
        height: 110px;
    }

and change it to this:

#footer {
        position:inherit;
        height: 110px;
    }

then find this:

body #wrapper {
        padding: 64px 0 40px;
    }

and change it to this:

body #wrapper {
        padding: 64px 0 0;
    }

then find this:

/* Scroll Up Icon */
    .scrollup {
        bottom: 10px;
        right: 10px;
    }

and change it to this:

/* Scroll Up Icon */
    .scrollup {
        bottom: 10px;
        right: 10px;
        z-index: 999999;
    }

then in your site.css file, find this:

/* @title Site Wrapper */
/* @help This is the wrapper for the Site Content */
#wrapper {
    background-color: #5C6470;
    margin: 0 auto;
    min-height: calc(100vh - 170px);
    padding: 70px 0 100px;
    position: relative;
}

and change it to this:
/* @title Site Wrapper */
/* @help This is the wrapper for the Site Content */
#wrapper {
    background-color: #5C6470;
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding: 70px 0 100px;
    position: relative;
}

Let me know if that fixes things for you.

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
AppXprt
AppXprt
@appxprt
7 years ago
40 posts
You are awesome, thank you so much! I restored jrElastic2, reset all my template mods, Applied all your stuff on this page and then Reset Caches and that fixed it. It looks perfect now, thank you again!

On a side note, I am working on a Friends module from cloning the Followers module as well as a Messaging module. I hate CSS and while I can do it, I have a few questions. Would there be a way to get in touch with you if I have any CSS questions related to this?
updated by @appxprt: 03/01/17 03:50:27PM
douglas
@douglas
7 years ago
2,773 posts
Glad that sorted it for you.

Any CSS questions should really be posted here in the forums, that way other users might find the info/solution useful as well.

Thanks!

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos

Tags