Using MariaDB

Black-Eagle
Black-Eagle
@black-eagle
7 years ago
57 posts
Hello Jamroom Team.

My webhosting has update my plan without warning me !

"Since March 23rd, 2017, we use MariaDB which is a very good alternative of MySQL, and does not change the user databases. In MariaDB, it is suggested to convert the MyISAM tables to the new Aria format, as this gives better crash resistance, and a little more speed."

Now, I have many errors with integrity check :
for exemple : Query Error: Table storage engine 'MyISAM' does not support the create option 'TRANSACTIONAL=1'

In my database, I notice that all MyISam databases type have been converted to Aria.
InnoDB database type has not changed

Can jamroom work well with Aria databases type MariaDB ?

Thank.
base.jpg
base.jpg  •  82KB

updated by @black-eagle: 06/26/17 06:10:14AM
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,697 posts
From the next version of Jamroom (6.1) all the tables are going to be InnoDB. Hopefully that sorts out your issue.
Black-Eagle
Black-Eagle
@black-eagle
7 years ago
57 posts
Thank you @michael

As it is, can I continue to use my site with Aria ?
Is there a risk of database corruption ?

I am waiting for the release of the next version :)
updated by @black-eagle: 03/25/17 02:09:41PM
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,697 posts
Don't know. We've never tested it.

--edit--
Knowing that JR6.1 is moving all tables to InnoDB, I'd be tempted to just jump the gun and go there now rather than risk whatever 'aria' is.
updated by @michael: 03/25/17 02:35:16PM
Black-Eagle
Black-Eagle
@black-eagle
7 years ago
57 posts
@michael
Thanks for your advice.
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,144 posts
We're going to have JR 6.1 in beta really soon - if you change to InnoDB tables right now, you will get invalid item counts for datastore items.

I'd recommend contacting your hosting provider and have them change your tables BACK to MyISAM - MyISAM is fully supported in MariaDB - to be frank I think it is VERY irresponsible of your hosting provider to simply change your table type on you, when there is no reason to do so until you want it done.

Who are you hosting with and how can we get you onto Jamroom Hosted?

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

Tags