solved Blocking Pinterest.

alt=
Roy Simmons
@roy-simmons
7 years ago
37 posts
I see that Pinterest supply a code snippet that prevents people from being able to pin things from your site. I need to be able to prevent Pinterest having any access to my Jamroom hosted site, does anyone know the best way to do this? Thanks in anticipation!
Roy.
updated by @roy-simmons: 07/24/17 11:56:39AM
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
Roy Simmons:....
I see that Pinterest supply a code snippet that prevents people from being able to pin things from your site. ....
So the question is: How do I add that snipit to my site?

If that's the question, put it in the header.tpl file and it should come out everywhere. May need to be wrapped in {literal}

Docs: "{literal}"
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/module-developer-guide/3011/literal-literal
alt=
Roy Simmons
@roy-simmons
7 years ago
37 posts
Hi Michael, I am not a coder so don't know how to do that. We have found this from Pinterest ...
"
If you don't want people to save things to Pinterest from your
website, just paste this code into the section of any page on
your site:

When someone tries to save things to Pinterest from your site, they'll
see this message: This site doesn't allow saving to Pinterest. Please
contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!
"
I would appreciate an idiot guide on how to do this, or have someone from JR paste that code in the right place and the right way for us? Seems that I could easily break the site and I don't want to upset our now very many users! Thanks.
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
First step is to show me the code. Put it inside [ c o d e ] [ / c o d e] blocks here.

Can't say "I want to add code" and "Im not a coder" in the same sentence ;) action of doing one makes you the other.

These are the docs on how to do it:

Docs: "Using the Template Editor"
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/jamroom-admin-handbook/3183/using-the-template-editor
updated by @michael: 04/19/17 07:34:47PM
alt=
Roy Simmons
@roy-simmons
7 years ago
37 posts
I am not a coder. I want code added! :)
Ok you have a point Michael!! :)
[ c o d e ] [ / c o d e]
The code above is what needs adding to the header section of any page apparently. I will have a go, may need therapy after, as me and squigly brackets and funny words don't get on!
douglas
@douglas
7 years ago
2,767 posts
Hello Roy,

Your code did not come through, you'll want to remove the spaces inside the [ c o d e ] and [ / c o d e ] tags in order to show your code.

Check out the BBCode button below the reply text box, that has help tips for using BBCode.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos

updated by @douglas: 04/20/17 11:35:27AM
alt=
Roy Simmons
@roy-simmons
7 years ago
37 posts
<meta name="pinterest" content="nopin" />
alt=
Roy Simmons
@roy-simmons
7 years ago
37 posts
Thanks Douglas, as you see I am pretty useless at this!!
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
thats it? this is easy.

ACP -> SKINS -> (your skin) -> TEMPLATES -> meta.tpl -> MODIFY

at the bottom of that you will see:
</head>
add your line in there so it reads like this
<meta name="pinterest" content="nopin" />
</head>
then SAVE CHANGES

After you save the changes, you're going to need to activate the changed template, so click on CANCEL or on TEMPLATES to go back to the file list page.

Then check the checkbox next to meta.tpl and scroll to the bottom and SAVE CHANGES.

You can test to see if that code is coming out in your pages by going to the top page of your site an use ctrl+u to "view the page source". look at the code to see if your new line is coming out, if it is, we're done. If it isn't refresh the caches.
douglas
@douglas
7 years ago
2,767 posts
Roy Simmons:
Thanks Douglas, as you see I am pretty useless at this!!

But learning, everyone has to start somewhere. ;)

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
alt=
Roy Simmons
@roy-simmons
7 years ago
37 posts
Thank you Michael! The code is in there; will be testing if it has had the desired result. Do I get some sort of coder badge or need to learn a secret handshake? :)
douglas
@douglas
7 years ago
2,767 posts
Roy Simmons:
Thank you Michael! The code is in there; will be testing if it has had the desired result. Do I get some sort of coder badge or need to learn a secret handshake? :)

lol

--

Douglas Hackney
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
You're in now. An agent will make contact. ;)
alt=
Roy Simmons
@roy-simmons
7 years ago
37 posts
@michael I await the agent with great excitement!

Lorna has tested for me and the code seems to have done the trick, when trying to share to Pinterest no images show up to be selected.
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
Level Up. well done.