solved Proxima User With Profile Name

amartins
@amartins
7 years ago
48 posts
Hello.
I am trying to set user profile name over Proxima when creating a new user, but I can't find a way. Is there any built in function that can do that?
Thanks
updated by @amartins: 08/04/17 10:52:49PM
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
Without digging deep into it I would say no. When you're creating a user, the profile is auto-generated for that use via hooks.

With a custom module you definitely could by listening for the same events that the profile listens for when the user is created and search for your incoming proxima variable, then setting that.

Without a custom module I don't believe a profile_name variable being passed in will be accepted.

So you could get around it by either a custom module doing the listening, or resending a second request after creation with an UPDATE to the profile datastore.
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
Michael is correct - with Proxima the user name will be used as the profile name.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
amartins
@amartins
7 years ago
48 posts
Thanks Michael and Brian!
Brian: "Michael is correct - with Proxima the user name will be used as the profile name. "
- This is what we need! But what's happening is that when creating a user with Proxima the profile name is set as the user ID instead of user name, for example, I created a user name amartins but the profile name became 109.
updated by @amartins: 05/05/17 12:56:38AM
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
Also seeing this.
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
This is fixed in Proxima User 1.2.1 - update and you should be good.

Thanks for letting us know.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
serveion
@serveion
7 years ago
223 posts
Hello @brian

Thank you I will update right now
amartins
@amartins
7 years ago
48 posts
Now it is working fine. Thanks for you attention and kind help.
Best wishes!

Tags