@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
situation:
queue workers get 'stuck' with very long latency
i reset worker.. page loading spinner thingy goes on and on and onm
i click dashboard and get this error
Error: Query Error: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

as a debugging method i try show proicesslist while its sitting there trying to reset the worker so i could see what tables are being locked
nothing as you clearly see (did it 3 times while it was "waiting" no locks seemed pending when i get the errors

MariaDB [(none)]> SHOW PROCESSLIST;
+------+--------------+-----------+--------------+---------+------+-------+------------------+----------+
| Id   | User         | Host      | db           | Command | Time | State | Info             | Progress |
+------+--------------+-----------+--------------+---------+------+-------+------------------+----------+
| 2064 | greentec_jam | localhost | greentec_jam | Sleep   |   62 |       | NULL             |    0.000 |
| 3143 | greentec_jam | localhost | NULL         | Query   |    0 | init  | SHOW PROCESSLIST |    0.000 |
| 3228 | greentec_jam | localhost | greentec_jam | Sleep   |    0 |       | NULL             |    0.000 |
| 3229 | greentec_jam | localhost | greentec_jam | Sleep   |    0 |       | NULL             |    0.000 |
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

| Id   | User         | Host      | db           | Command | Time | State | Info             | Progress |
| 2064 | greentec_jam | localhost | greentec_jam | Sleep   |   73 |       | NULL             |    0.000 |
| 3143 | greentec_jam | localhost | NULL         | Query   |    0 | init  | SHOW PROCESSLIST |    0.000 |
| 3389 | greentec_jam | localhost | greentec_jam | Sleep   |    0 |       | NULL             |    0.000 |
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

| 2064 | greentec_jam | localhost | greentec_jam | Sleep   |   76 |       | NULL             |    0.000 |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

attached is what my queue lookslike now

image and vid queues both have troubler resetting workers
core seemed to have worked instantly

as per a suggestion i increased the value of the innodb_lock_wait_timeout=120

queue.jpg
queue.jpg  •  321KB

--
soaringeagle
head dreadhead at dreadlocks site
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities

updated by @soaringeagle: 12/19/17 04:29:54PM
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
Yeah things are not running right. What version of MySQL are you running?

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
mariadb latest i think

--
soaringeagle
glider pilot student and member/volunteer coordinator with freedoms wings international soaring for people with disabilities
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
Server version: 10.1.14-MariaDB MariaDB Server

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
question unrelated to this but my video issue i have media on as sepoerate sata drive from my ssd drive after viud conversion i am getting thast invalid url issue and my ssd drives way fuller then it was before are vids bgeing stored outside of data/media now and that causint the invalid url

--
soaringeagle
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
The video module does use more space now than it did before because it builds more formats to make extra device streaming options.
more_formats.jpg
more_formats.jpg  •  69KB

soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
but wouldnt that be stored on my media drive and not on the ssd drive thats the question

--
soaringeagle
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
It will be stored in /data/media
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
odd that its the ssd drive that filled up but i think its the full page caching cause i noticed my db got insanely huge as well

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
michael:
It will be stored in /data/media

why am i getting error loading media url for every uploaded video

--
soaringeagle
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
What is the URL for an uploaded video? Can you attach the original here so I can try it on my server?
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
i think i made a discovery
it seems mov vids (original) might work mkv oriiginals dont seem to
\
at least thats what im finding so far (and anything u see that should be changed in the my.cnf?)

i am going through my datastoire and so far found 1 that plays

give me 20 minutes to investigate further plz
i want to try a couple things

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
this video
https://www.dreadlockssite.com/soaring-eagle/uploaded_video/369/testing-small-2

i click view from datastore takesme topo
https://www.dreadlockssite.com/soaring-eagle/uploaded_video/369/testing-small-2
i get the error
i click play
i get the error
i click the name here
(see screenshot)
it plays
and then clicking play againm now works
such is not the casde for others that had mkv original
only this 1 that had mov

very confusing
weird.jpg
weird.jpg  •  81KB

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
geez thats inconsistent too.. its the exact same file i used for multiple tests some work ()as described..incorrectly) others do not, despite the original file being the same in each case

--
soaringeagle
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
heres 1 thats original mp4 and again sam,e behavior only plays after clicking that name

--
soaringeagle

updated by @soaringeagle: 09/18/17 07:42:16PM
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
I have just tested with an MKV file and see no issues. I downloaded one from here for testing:

http://jell.yfish.us/

I apologize, as I know this is not helpful, but you have pretty much had constant issues on your server going on years now. Always some issue with videos not converting, etc. Unfortunately I have no feedback other than "it works here for me", and for our Jamroom hosted users it is working, so something is setup wrong or incorrect on your server.

--
Brian Johnson
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
i offered to pay someone to fix it they said it was a php setting but when i posted what they said you or 1 of the other crew said it didnt make sense
can't remember what it was
but i have someone who might help me figure it out this week if hes got time
if you know any jr users who might know how to fix it id rather pay them then a random freelancer

--
soaringeagle
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
I logged in a while back on your server, but to be 100% honest you just have too much going on - lots of sites, lots of custom setups, lots of places where things can just not work right. You also were using a control panel at the time, which adds a second layer of possible issues.

If you get around to deciding you want a stable place to host your Jamroom, let us know - we have some extra flexibility now for custom servers we did not used to have if you're interested.

--
Brian Johnson
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
big enough for my huge site and still affordable enough/
i would certainly consider it

--
soaringeagle
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,692 posts
I've tried uploading your video to my site:
https://hostsaba.com/one/video/9/long-hair-by-regular-user
https://hostsaba.com/admin/video/8/long-hair-video

and it plays for me in Firefox and Chrome, but gives me an error and wont play in Edge browser.
soaringeagle
@soaringeagle
7 years ago
3,304 posts
i have noticed the same inconsistency between browsers as well.
but thats the same error i am getting all over the polace in both browsers for other vids
its very inconsistent
vids react diferently no matter what files were uploaded
some work correctly in some browsers not others some only when clicking the link i showed you not the play button (but play works after clicking the link despite the url not changing)
its very perplexing

you do wee its sometrhing beyoind my servers ability to convert them..right/ since they do seem to be converting..some oif them at least..
i believe all are converting howeverr (now) but causing this weird unable lo load media url issue
which now your seeing as well'

ps ..i used the download link to attach that so thats the original i uploaded..right? not a converted copy/
i can only attach small vids so thats why i chose that 1

--
soaringeagle

Tags