Jamroom Not Recognizing Valid YouTube API Key

Lynnbird
Lynnbird
@lynnbird
7 years ago
56 posts
I've validated my site via Google Search Console. When I try to input my key the form says "Could not connect to YouTube API with provided YouTube v3 API Key credentials". I have the key restricted to http referrers. If I unrestrict it, I get a warning tab. If I restrict it to web servers, cron jobs, etc., I will need the IP addresses of same.

This is getting frustrating, I first tried regenerating the key on Oct 4th; then because it was a Sunday and I thought it might take 24 hours for the key to validate, I waited till the next day. Still got the error message.

Now 14 days later, the key is still giving that error message; does anyone know what to do about it? Without the artists' YouTube videos, the site is incomplete. Until I have all of the media streaming in place, it will be useless to post update blogs for each artist. Until a solution is found, I'm simply going to create a new page on each artist profile, make YT a valid iframe domain and use the new pages to post videos.
updated by @lynnbird: 01/16/18 08:12:57PM
Lynnbird
Lynnbird
@lynnbird
7 years ago
56 posts
I also tried to bypass the need for an API Key by adding YouTube to the iframe control list; so far, no dice. Will wait for the server to refresh and see if anything changes.
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,697 posts
Jamroom tries to USE the key you put in, if it doesn't work, then its youtube rejecting it not jamroom.

Send the key to support at jamroom dot net and I will try it from here.
Lynnbird
Lynnbird
@lynnbird
7 years ago
56 posts
That is what I thought also. Why would YT reject its own key? I will send it to you Michael; give me a few...Just sent it. Hope you have better luck than I have.
updated by @lynnbird: 10/18/17 09:09:42AM
michael
@michael
7 years ago
7,697 posts
It would reject it if the domain trying to access it is not on the authorized list. will check soon.
Lynnbird
Lynnbird
@lynnbird
7 years ago
56 posts
About to go to bed; site domain is on the authorized list. Paul suggests removing referrer restriction. Will do in morning.

Tags