Need to update JrCloudS3 module for jamroom 6.1.4

sbhadauria
@sbhadauria
7 years ago
129 posts
I am getting error on this line of jrCloudS3 module's include file
$out = jrImage_create_image("{$cdr}/{$key}.{$ext}", $_im, $_args, $_conf);

because jrImage_create_image function has been changed and now required 5 input arguments and we also need to send $cache_file.
$out = jrImage_create_image("{$cdr}/{$key}.{$ext}", $_im, $_args, $_conf,$cache_file);
updated by @sbhadauria: 03/14/18 11:23:50AM
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
Make sure you're running S3 module version 1.2.0 - it has changes in it to work with the latest image module update. If you do NOT have access to the cluster/cloud private channel, send us an email to support [at] jamroom [dot] net so we can get you added to the channel.

It's very important however that you test on a DEV site first - the cluster modules have undergone some very large changes that are not likely to be backwards compatible with cloud 1.0 modules.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
alt=
DannyA
@dannya
7 years ago
584 posts
Where is the documentation for this? Which version were the new cluster modules implemented and require updates to the cloud modules?
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
DannyA:
Where is the documentation for this? Which version were the new cluster modules implemented and require updates to the cloud modules?

There is no documentation since the new cluster modules have not been released yet. You only need to update to the latest S3 module, which I have added to your private channel.

--
Brian Johnson
alt=
DannyA
@dannya
7 years ago
584 posts
brian:
the cluster modules have undergone some very large changes that are not likely to be backwards compatible with cloud 1.0 modules.

So, I use Cloud 1.0. Should I NOT be doing this update?
Do you have any information on what I will need to do to transition from Cloud 1.0? It sounds like a pretty major change and we have a lot invested in the current cloud 1.0 architecture.
Is there a place to download the latest s3 module directly? We don't use the marketplace tool.
alt=
DannyA
@dannya
7 years ago
584 posts
When I try to download s3 directly from jamroom.net from My Licenses page, I get an error

Error: Downloads of Private Channel marketplace items are blocked
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
We use the marketplace to distribute all modules and skins, so you really want to get a small dev or test system setup so you can access your private channel. For now I have sent you an email with the module attached.

--
Brian Johnson
brian
@brian
7 years ago
10,136 posts
DannyA:
brian:
the cluster modules have undergone some very large changes that are not likely to be backwards compatible with cloud 1.0 modules.

So, I use Cloud 1.0. Should I NOT be doing this update?
Do you have any information on what I will need to do to transition from Cloud 1.0? It sounds like a pretty major change and we have a lot invested in the current cloud 1.0 architecture.
Is there a place to download the latest s3 module directly? We don't use the marketplace tool.

Like I mentioned above:

1) You NEED the updated S3 module, so yes - update to it. The way images were resized was changed in JR 6.1.
2) There is no documentation at this time on Cluster 2.0 - it's not been released.

In your case you will want to stay on 1.0 - 2.0 is very, very different and there's not likely to be a simple upgrade path. We're currently working with a couple large clients on it and it is likely to be an in house managed solution that we run for clients who need it.

--
Brian Johnson
alt=
DannyA
@dannya
7 years ago
584 posts
I'm a little concerned about the upgrade path. From what I understand, cloud 2.0 addresses some scalability limitations of cloud 1.0.
Will I be stuck without the ability to upgrade and scale unless you guys host it? That would be a really bad sign....
sbhadauria
@sbhadauria
7 years ago
129 posts
I am getting error attached in screenshot. jrCloudCore_start_metric_timer() function not found in jrCloudCore. I am using jrCloudCore 1.0.1 and not getting update in system update.

Tags