Audio Download Issue

alt=
@kayskeem
10 years ago
200 posts
I just came across a big problem with my android phone. I tried downloading a song i set for free on my website and it downloaded it as 37.mp3. That download actually "failed" on my phone. The name of the title is different as well its not 37.mp3. I tried to upload another track and it said 38.bin as the file name. This is really bad I'm not sure whats going on there.
updated by @kayskeem: 02/27/14 12:57:22AM
brian
@brian
10 years ago
10,144 posts
kayskeem:
I just came across a big problem with my android phone. I tried downloading a song i set for free on my website and it downloaded it as 37.mp3. That download actually "failed" on my phone. The name of the title is different as well its not 37.mp3. I tried to upload another track and it said 38.bin as the file name. This is really bad I'm not sure whats going on there.

It's a problem with your phone, and there have been many discussion now about "downloading to a mobile phone".

Here it is:

- Jamroom does not treat a mobile device differently than a desktop - the download is "sent the same" to any device.

- Most mobile devices (for sure 100% of iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry, and probably almost 100% of Android) do NOT have a "user file system" that files can be saved to, unless you are using a browser or app specifically designed to download and save files.

You have to not think of your android device as a little windows PC (malware and virusus on that platform not withstanding) that has a hard drive inside of it that you can use just like the hard drive in your computer. While there are apps (and probably specific browsers) that have been designed to try and emulate that setup, it is not the default.

So ultimately here I think we're going to have to probably disable downloads for mobile devices, as it seems to be causing a lot of confusion as to why downloads don't work the same as on your desktop.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
alt=
@kayskeem
10 years ago
200 posts
I understand that but why make jamroom skin mobile ready then disable mobile download. It worked before for me how do I activate it again?
alt=
@kayskeem
10 years ago
200 posts
I understand that but why make jamroom skin mobile ready then disable mobile download. It worked before for me how do I activate it again?
Developer Networks
Developer Networks
@developer-networks
10 years ago
566 posts
You will want to check out http://mobilehtml5.org/

And see if your device is internet HTML5 friendly. We covered this earlier on song plays with an Android device. Try downloading google chrome for your Android device as its the farthest in development for your needs. Hope this helps.
brian
@brian
10 years ago
10,144 posts
kayskeem:

Nothing has changed in regards to downloading in a very long time, so I would check your phone if it worked previously.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

Tags