solved site news

izhmel
@izhmel
6 years ago
1,319 posts
Welcome To Jamroom5!

Jamroom 5 is a powerful flexible PHP Content Management Framework, great for building community based sites and custom apps.

Admin Note: Go to the Admin profile blog section to create site news for this section, make sure to set the category to "site news".

This is not going away when you create site news and save to the category of "site news". the blog don't show even if you reset cache

--
The Scientist
dubmusic.com
Thanks for any assistance.

updated by @izhmel: 04/16/18 03:37:41AM
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
click on it, you will be take to the location where it exists. Either Edit it to change it to what you want or delete it and reset the caches.
douglas
@douglas
6 years ago
2,767 posts
Make sure the category is "site news" , minus the quotes, it is case sensitive.

Also, if you are using a cloned skin, check your index.tpl and make sure all instances of jrNova were replaced with your skins directory name.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
izhmel
@izhmel
6 years ago
1,319 posts
I added the player to site news , how can I get the player to show the graphics ?
http://dubmusic.com/

Thanks

--
The Scientist
dubmusic.com
izhmel
@izhmel
6 years ago
1,319 posts
where do I find "site news" in the language file ?

--
The Scientist
dubmusic.com
douglas
@douglas
6 years ago
2,767 posts
The site news on the index page for Nova is truncated, so you may not get a player to show if it ends some where around the truncate limit. You can however modify the templates to show the posts any way you want them, just modify the index_site_news.tpl file.

There are two language strings for "Site News", it isn't a single language string, one for "Site" and one for "News". I believe the ID's are 8 and 9. You can make a single language string for it if you like, just add it to the end of your skins language file.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
izhmel
@izhmel
6 years ago
1,319 posts
Thanks D!

--
The Scientist