An error was encountered loading the media URL

izhmel
@izhmel
6 years ago
1,319 posts
when I get "An error was encountered loading the media URL"" how can I make the player skip to the next song instead of halting the player
"
http://www.dubmusic.com/radio/

--
The Scientist
dubmusic.com
Thanks for any assistance.

updated by @izhmel: 04/25/18 01:18:43AM
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
Seams like the wrong thinking to me, if you have an error, then fix the error rather than trying to find a way to ignore it.

If you do want to ignore it the player documentation ( http://www.jplayer.org/latest/developer-guide/ ) suggests creating a function to locate the next track.
Quote: ..... getNextMedia(); // A function you might create to move on to the next media item when an error occurs......
so you'd alter your playlist template and look for this code:
error: function(res) { jrCore_stream_url_error(res); },

Then write a function that moved the player on to the next track when an error occurred instead of showing the error.
izhmel
@izhmel
6 years ago
1,319 posts
I don't want to ignore the error , but it inconvenience the listener when the player is halted..

These errors can b stored in a log file instead of the inconvenience to the listener..

Thanks

--
The Scientist
dubmusic.com

updated by @izhmel: 01/18/18 10:02:44AM
izhmel
@izhmel
6 years ago
1,319 posts
where would I put this code ? can you be more specific where to put the code ?

--
The Scientist
dubmusic.com
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
It depends which player you are using.

If it's blue monday look in jrAudio_blue_monday.tpl

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
But really, if you've deleted the media but not the audio item, don't you need to delete the items you broke rather than hiding the error?

Best to do this:
Find the broken items and delete them.

If you don't do that you will have to spend many hours or days on this in the future. Best to fix the problems with your deleted audio NOW - do it once, not over and over and over again.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)

updated by @ultrajam: 01/21/18 03:00:33PM
izhmel
@izhmel
6 years ago
1,319 posts
I am using http://www.dubmusic.com/radio/

--
The Scientist
dubmusic.com
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
Which audio player are you using?

--
izhmel
@izhmel
6 years ago
1,319 posts
I am not trying to ignore the error , but it is very annoying to the listener when the player is halted ...

This is a useful function to handle this issue...

Thanks

--
The Scientist
dubmusic.com
izhmel
@izhmel
6 years ago
1,319 posts
I am using audio player I am using http://www.dubmusic.com/radio/

--
The Scientist
dubmusic.com
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
Yes, but which audio player are you using?

It's the one you selected to use in your skin config.

Whichever one you chose to use, that's the one you need to edit the template for.

--
izhmel
@izhmel
6 years ago
1,319 posts
I created a module and paste the cone in "item_index.tpl"
{jrCore_media_player type="jrAudio_player_dark" module="jrAudio" field="audio_file" search="profile_quota_id = 2" order_by="_item_id random"}

--
The Scientist
dubmusic.com

updated by @izhmel: 01/21/18 04:53:39PM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
So that says jrAudio_player_dark, so edit jrAudio_player_dark.tpl

--
izhmel
@izhmel
6 years ago
1,319 posts
where do you find jrAudio_player_dark.tpl ?

--
The Scientist
dubmusic.com
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
In jrAudio

--
izhmel
@izhmel
6 years ago
1,319 posts
In jrPlaylist_player_dark.tpl , I found @ line 26, error: function(res) { jrCore_stream_url_error(res); },
do I delete that code ,and what is the entire line of code ?

--
The Scientist
dubmusic.com
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
I don't know, I've never tried it.

Try getting the function to return true instead of jrCore_stream_url_error(res);

But you are on your own with it, nobody else can test it for you because you have a uniquely broken system.

--
izhmel
@izhmel
6 years ago
1,319 posts
Michael or JR team ,can you say exactly how to make this happen ?
I would like to see this as an option in JR that the admin can turn on or off , because some times members can delete files that result in halting the player wish is bad for the listener if they have to keep attending to the player that is halted

http://www.dubmusic.com/radio/

Thanks

--
The Scientist
dubmusic.com

updated by @izhmel: 01/22/18 01:52:02PM

Tags