solved syntax error

Jordan
Jordan
@jordan
6 years ago
24 posts
why would I get this if im just creating a simple html widget? Please see attached screenshot.
syntax error.JPG
syntax error.JPG  •  23KB

updated by @jordan: 07/01/18 11:29:52PM
brian
@brian
6 years ago
10,136 posts
Because you are entering bad content into the editor - that is what that message is telling you. Your content must be valid template code (smarty) - which is basically HTML and smarty functions/variables. If you are entering Javascript you must have spaces around all brackets - { and } .

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
Jordan
Jordan
@jordan
6 years ago
24 posts
all im doing is adding the html widget and then typing a sentence, saving the changes and then getting the error. not sure how im doing anything wrong. screenshot attached.
charts error.JPG
charts error.JPG  •  47KB

Jordan
Jordan
@jordan
6 years ago
24 posts
something must be wrong because when I look back at other page links where I have added the html widget, it worked just fine. Not sure what has changed on our site. In fact when I go back to original html widgets I have previously built, with out even editing anything just saving, I get the same error.
updated by @jordan: 03/02/18 04:59:39PM
brian
@brian
6 years ago
10,136 posts
If all you are putting in is that text, then yeah - something is wrong - shouldn't get a syntax error with just text.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
click on the
<>
button to show us what is in the code of that page, it may be there is hidden script.
Jordan
Jordan
@jordan
6 years ago
24 posts
sorry for the hold up...thanks for the responses. Please see attached...I just added a simple sentence of text and tried to save.
syntax error 2.JPG
syntax error 2.JPG  •  52KB

michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
That doesn't make sense. Make sure you are upgraded to the most recent version of all modules.
ACP -> MODULES -> CORE ->MARKETPLACE -> SYSTEM UPDATES

Then run the integrity check
ACP -> MODULES -> CORE -> SYSTEM CORE -> TOOLS -> INTEGRITY CHECK

then reset the caches:
ACP -> MODULES -> CORE -> SYSTEM CORE -> TOOLS -> RESET CACHE

If its still doing it, send your login details to support at jamroom dot net along with a link to this thread.
Jordan
Jordan
@jordan
6 years ago
24 posts
Good to go ...thank you!

Tags