investigating Celebrity skin private notes messed up in mobile view

Zachary Moonshine
Zachary Moonshine
@zachary-moonshine
6 years ago
823 posts
On my phone I was looking at my private notes and they are messed up bad stretched beyond the screen I checked to see what they look like here on the jr site and its completely different so I'm pretty sure its the skin doing it here is a screen shot of what I see
updated by @zachary-moonshine: 07/23/18 01:33:25AM
Zachary Moonshine
Zachary Moonshine
@zachary-moonshine
6 years ago
823 posts
This is what private notes look like here from my phone
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
The reason is the lenght of the title of your private notes here on jamroom.net fit into the window. On the other ones the title is really long.

You can fiddle with the layout of the mobile view in Firefox by using the developer tools mobile view.

Then add those overrides to your skins mobile_overrides.css file so they just show for mobile.
developer_toos.jpg
developer_toos.jpg  •  114KB

Zachary Moonshine
Zachary Moonshine
@zachary-moonshine
6 years ago
823 posts
Yeah I just reverted my site back to elastic to see and tested it in ninja as well and it seems none of the skins properly support private notes in mobile view
updated by @zachary-moonshine: 04/21/18 07:32:03AM
Zachary Moonshine
Zachary Moonshine
@zachary-moonshine
6 years ago
823 posts
ok on firefox mobile view now and it seems they dont even offer my old s3 phone lmao but when i check what it looks like on all the phones they have listed it all looks fine the way it should so is it just my phone?
Zachary Moonshine
Zachary Moonshine
@zachary-moonshine
6 years ago
823 posts
ok thank god after seeing that i went down stairs and asked my wife to pull the site up on her phone she has an s7 and it looks great everything looks perfectly formatted in private notes. so its just me seeing that on my dinophone
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
Good to test things on at least a couple different devices and browsers before requesting codes to change your site to Ankylosaurus version 1.0.BC. ;)

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015

updated by @strumelia: 04/21/18 08:39:54AM
Zachary Moonshine
Zachary Moonshine
@zachary-moonshine
6 years ago
823 posts
Yeah I know now. Its crazy how fast our phones become out of date lmao here I thought I was being slick by testing it out on my android but now I know this phone is no longer useful for that. The firefox trick is great though. That will save Lots of time. Huge weight off my shoulders knowing my users aren't seeing what I see on my old phone though.
Zachary Moonshine
Zachary Moonshine
@zachary-moonshine
6 years ago
823 posts
ok upon further investigation i have figured out it is not the skin that is causing the issue it must be the private notes module itself. Now first i have to note, Private notes between users are showing up great and perfectly formatted but i now see it is the system notifications like comments or discussion updates and likes etc anything else that's added to the private notes that comes through as a notification for some reason those when clicked the page is zoomed in very much and stretched beyond the mobile window tested this out on several devices and skins so it must be the module? Hopefully this makes it easier to fix Here are some snippets of what it does have any of you tried this and see the same thing?
Zachary Moonshine
Zachary Moonshine
@zachary-moonshine
6 years ago
823 posts
After seeing this i thought what if i change the id from 0 to a user so that system notifications come from say me for instance and it did the same thing only instead of blowing the logo up it made my picture massive ? so it has to be in the private notes system right?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG  •  25KB