solved Help removing pager

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
I use a profile named "forums" to own my site's forums.
On my site's main/index page, ( https://fotmd.com/ ) ...I have a section block in the bottom left corner for showing latest forum posts. It's set to show 30 posts, and has a scrollbar on the right. If you scroll all the way down to the last (30th) post there, there's an old pager that doesn't function correctly -and I'd like to simply remove that pager.

This sounds so dumb, but I'm not finding the code for that pager in my custom skin's Index.tpl ...which is where I would normally look for something like this. I've looked around various other templates too, used an inspector.... yet still can't figure out WHERE it is so I can remove the pager only from that location. D'oh!

NOTE: I do NOT want to remove that pager from the actual 'latest forum posts by Forums profile' page, which is here: https://fotmd.com/forums/forum/new_posts The pager on THAT page works correctly and I need to leave it there undisturbed. ...I ONLY want to remove the pager from the one widget/block on my site's main index page. I'm attaching a screenshot of the pager I want to remove from my site's main page.

Here is the code from my custom skin Index.tmpl that refers to that section/block, it's where I started looking first for the pager code to remove it, but I can't see any reference to a pager there:
{* BEGIN Latest Forum Posts Section *}
    {if isset($_conf.mdFOTMD_March4_2018_top_discuss_active) && $_conf.mdFOTMD_March4_2018_top_discuss_active == 'on'}
        {if isset($_conf.mdFOTMD_March4_2018_top_discuss_limit) && $_conf.mdFOTMD_March4_2018_top_discuss_limit > 5}
            {assign var="post_pb" value=$_conf.mdFOTMD_March4_2018_top_discuss_limit}
        {else}
            {assign var="post_pb" value="5"}
        {/if}
        <br>
        <div class="col5">
            <div class="title" style="margin:10px;">
                <h2>{jrCore_lang skin=$_conf.jrCore_active_skin id="20" default="Latest"} {jrCore_lang skin=$_conf.jrCore_active_skin id="42" default="Forum Posts"}{if strlen($_conf.mdFOTMD_March4_2018_forum_profile) > 0} &nbsp; <span class="normal"><a href="{$_conf.mdFOTMD_March4_2018_forum_profile}">{jrCore_lang skin=$_conf.jrCore_active_skin id="30" default="All"}</a></span>{/if}</h2>
            </div>
            <div style="{if !jrCore_is_mobile_device()}height:950px;overflow-y:scroll;overflow-x:hidden;{/if}padding:0 10px;margin-right: 10px">
                {jrCore_list module="jrForum" quota_check=false search="forum_post_count > 0" order_by="forum_updated desc" template="index_forum.tpl" pagebreak=$post_pb page=$_post.p}
            </div>
        </div>
    {/if}
    {* END Latest Forum Posts Section *}
pager.jpg
pager.jpg  •  108KB

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015

updated by @strumelia: 09/13/18 02:02:42AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
It's in the jrCore_list function, but I had expected to see pager=true in there. Try removing this:
page=$_post.p
If that doesn't work try adding pager="false"

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
Thanks Steve.
At first before posting this thread, I had removed some end code from that section in my custom skin Index.tmpl
going from:
<div style="{if !jrCore_is_mobile_device()}height:985px;overflow-y:scroll;overflow-x:hidden;{/if}padding:0 10px;margin-right: 10px">
                {jrCore_list module="jrForum" quota_check=false search="forum_post_count > 0" order_by="forum_updated desc" template="index_forum.tpl" pagebreak=$post_pb page=$_post.p}
</div>
to:
<div style="{if !jrCore_is_mobile_device()}height:985px;overflow-y:scroll;overflow-x:hidden;{/if}padding:0 10px;margin-right: 10px">
                {jrCore_list module="jrForum" quota_check=false search="forum_post_count > 0" order_by="forum_updated desc" template="index_forum.tpl"}
</div>
that did not work.
Then, as you suggested, I removed only the "page =...p" part of it. That didn't work either.
Finally I put it back as it was originally and added the pager false part you suggested, so it was like this:
                {jrCore_list module="jrForum" quota_check=false search="forum_post_count > 0" order_by="forum_updated desc" template="index_forum.tpl" pagebreak=$post_pb page=$_post.p pager="false"}
</div>
but that did not work either.
sigh... this is so stupid.

--

updated by @strumelia: 06/12/18 11:09:32AM
SteveX
SteveX
@ultrajam
6 years ago
2,583 posts
That doesn't seem right.

Check that you are looking at the right template (by putting "XXXXXXXX" into the template right before the jrCore_list function).

Then check that there isn't a pager in the template after the one you are looking at.

--
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Education, learning resources, TEL, AR/VR/MR, CC licensed content, panoramas, interactive narrative, sectional modules (like jrDocs), lunch at Uni of Bristol. Get in touch if you share my current interests or can suggest better :)
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
I put a QQQQ right BEFORE that core list function, and the QQQQ appears at the TOP of the section's forum posts there in that block/section, right below the section's Title bar. Then I put the QQQQ right AFTER the core list call, and the Qs appeared right UNDERneath the pager I'm trying to get rid of.

I'm not seeing any pager in the template after the code lines in question. It just goes on to create the remaining blocks of content in different areas, but no specific paging mentions.
This has got me all like scratchin' ma head. =8-\

--
douglas
@douglas
6 years ago
2,767 posts
Strumelia:
I put a QQQQ right BEFORE that core list function, and the QQQQ appears at the TOP of the section's forum posts there in that block/section, right below the section's Title bar. Then I put the QQQQ right AFTER the core list call, and the Qs appeared right UNDERneath the pager I'm trying to get rid of.

I'm not seeing any pager in the template after the code lines in question. It just goes on to create the remaining blocks of content in different areas, but no specific paging mentions.

Check your index_forum.tpl and make sure pagination is NOT coded in.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos

updated by @douglas: 06/12/18 03:43:06PM
douglas
@douglas
6 years ago
2,767 posts
Strumelia:

Just checked this for you and I see that pagination is coded in your index_forum.tpl, remove this:

{if $info.total_pages > 1}
                        <div class="block">
                            <table style="width:100%;">
                                <tr>

<td style="width:25%;">
                                        {if isset($info.prev_page) && $info.prev_page > 0}
                                            <input type="button" value="{jrCore_lang module="jrCore" id=26 default="&lt;"}" class="form_button" onclick="jrLoad('#forumdiv','{$jamroom_url}/index_forum_list/p={$info.prev_page}/pb={$info.pagebreak}');$('html, body').animate({ scrollTop: $('#foradiv').offset().top -100 }, 'slow');return false;">
                                        {/if}
                                    </td>

<td style="width:50%;text-align:center;">
                                        {if $info.total_pages <= 5}
                                            {$info.page} &nbsp;/ {$info.total_pages}
                                        {else}
                                            <form name="form" method="post" action="_self">
                                                <select name="pagenum" class="form_select" style="width:60px;" onchange="var sel=this.form.pagenum.options[this.form.pagenum.selectedIndex].value;jrLoad(‘#forumdiv','{$jamroom_url}/index_forum_list/p=' +sel+'/pb={$info.pagebreak}');$('html, body').animate({ scrollTop: $('#foradiv').offset().top -100 }, 'slow');">
                                                    {for $pages=1 to $info.total_pages}
                                                        {if $info.page == $pages}
                                                            <option value="{$info.this_page}" selected="selected"> {$info.this_page}</option>
                                                        {else}
                                                            <option value="{$pages}"> {$pages}</option>
                                                        {/if}
                                                    {/for}
                                                </select>&nbsp;/&nbsp;{$info.total_pages}
                                            </form>
                                        {/if}
                                    </td>

<td style="width:25%;text-align:right;">
                                        {if isset($info.next_page) && $info.next_page > 1}
                                            <input type="button" value="{jrCore_lang module="jrCore" id=27 default="&gt;"}" class="form_button" onclick="jrLoad('#forumdiv','{$jamroom_url}/index_forum_list/p={$info.next_page}/pb={$info.pagebreak}');$('html, body').animate({ scrollTop: $('#foradiv').offset().top -100 }, 'slow');return false;">
                                        {/if}
                                    </td>

</tr>
                            </table>
                        </div>
                    {/if}

and it will remove the page buttons.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
Douglas thank you so much- but one question before I do this-
doing what you suggest will remove the pager from my site's main index page section for Latest Forum posts.... but will NOT remove the pager from the 'mother page' which is: https://fotmd.com/forums/forum/new_posts
...right? (I don't want to remove the pager from that 'mother' page.... only from the main site index page widget)
So, which of those pages does the index_forum.tpl actually control?

--

updated by @strumelia: 06/12/18 04:58:15PM
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
index_forum.tpl is a skin template file, its not part of, or overriding a jrForum module template, so you should be fine.

Try it, see if it works, if it doesn't, revert. ( but it should work )
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
Yes that worked. It's gone. Marking this 'solved'.
Thank you Douglas, Michael... and Steve! :)

--

updated by @strumelia: 06/13/18 07:44:17AM