solved PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Swift_RfcComplianceException

alt=
@dim
6 years ago
167 posts
Hi guys,
Could you help me with an error? In my Error Log I see:

[05-Aug-2018 01:21:09 Asia/Kuwait] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Swift_RfcComplianceException: Address in mailbox given [ma.ng.@bxox.info] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2. in ..../modules/jrMailer-release-2.3.5/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php:348 [1]
Stack trace: [1]
#0 ....modules/jrMailer-release-2.3.5/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(263): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->_assertValidAddress('ma.ng.@bxox.inf...') [1]
#1 .../modules/jrMailer-release-2.3.5/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(106): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->normalizeMailboxes(Array) [1]
#2 .../modules/jrMailer-release-2.3.5/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(63): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->setNameAddresses(Array) [1]
#3 .../modules/jrMailer-release-2.3.5/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleHeade in .../modules/jrMailer-release-2.3.5/contrib/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php on line 348 [1]

Also my site does not send emails.
updated by @dim: 08/05/18 06:36:34PM
alt=
@dim
6 years ago
167 posts
E-mail ma.ng.@bxox.info is a spammer. I deleted this user some time ago. Nevertheless, his email is still in the error log.
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
the message says "thats not a valid email address".

Its unrelated to your site not sending emails. How are you trying to send emails? via localhost, via separate SMTP server, via mailgun?
alt=
@dim
6 years ago
167 posts
@michael
I tried to send emails via localhost, via separate SMTP server, I used a mailbox on my domain and gmail.com. I can not send emails via ...mailer/test_mail.
Also Jamroom does not send any notifications to users.
brian
@brian
6 years ago
10,136 posts
dim:
@michael
I tried to send emails via localhost, via separate SMTP server, I used a mailbox on my domain and gmail.com. I can not send emails via ...mailer/test_mail.
Also Jamroom does not send any notifications to users.

The invalid email address is not related to not sending. Jamroom will happily send email if configured correctly, so it sounds like you've not configured things with the correct values. Make sure when entering the values for the external SMTP server that everything is configured correctly in the "delivery settings" tab. The most common issue is selecting the wrong SMTP encryption and/or wrong port.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net
alt=
@dim
6 years ago
167 posts
Hi Brian,
I've been using Jamroom for more than 7 years and I've configured e-mail many times. Jamroom says: The test email was successfully sent, but the email was not sent in a fact. Users do not receive e-mail notifications as well. There are no other errors in the logs. I tried to use a mailbox from gmail.com and a mailbox of my own domain. I configured SMTP encryptions and ports as specified in the instructions :-(
alt=
@dim
6 years ago
167 posts
I can send emails from a test domain, but I can not send it from the main site on the same server.
alt=
@dim
6 years ago
167 posts
I solved the problem.
I found a big queue in the Queue Viewer. I deleted the first 4 tasks associated with ma.ng.@bxox.info from "jr_jrcore_queue_data" and this helped. The remaining tasks were performed independently and I received emails from my site in the last week.

It would be good to get such a hint from you in the future. I spent a very long time. I was looking for a problem at random. I never knew about the Queue Viewer.
brian
@brian
6 years ago
10,136 posts
dim:
It would be good to get such a hint from you in the future. I spent a very long time. I was looking for a problem at random. I never knew about the Queue Viewer.

I think we would have eventually got there on this one - note that the queue is NOT an issue 99% of the time. By far the most common issues with email delivery are:

- incorrect settings
- invalid DNS SPF and DKIM records

So we always start there. Glad you figured it out.

Thanks!

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

Tags