solved Notification for new pending user?

alt=
K_K
@k-k
6 years ago
88 posts
I was wondering if it be possible to add a notification when new user needs to be approved?

I have all the notifications set for email and I get them when new user validates automatically via Facebook, but not when they need to be approved.

I tend to check the pending tab in Dashboard once a day, so sometimes new users spend almost a whole day there, which seems to be a loooong time for todays users :).

Or am I missing some obvious setting? :)
updated by @k-k: 12/08/18 11:53:09PM
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
Admins should be sent a notification when new users sign up. its the "New account notify" setting and you get an email that reads:
"A new user has just signed up on YOUR SITE"
signup_notify.jpg
signup_notify.jpg  •  50KB

alt=
K_K
@k-k
6 years ago
88 posts
Yeah, I get that notification, but it only comes after the new user has already been approved.

If they need approving, there is no notification and they stay in the pending tab in the dashboard.

The approval system has always seemed a bit odd, some users need approving and some not. I am using Facebook sing-up, so I have been thinking those that use it are approved automatically?
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
Not for me, I get the email when the user signs up.

* user signs up
* turns up in the PENDING tab
* admin gets an email notifying of the new user.

There are a bunch of "Events and Listeners" that also fire off during that process, so if there's something you want to tweak you can.

Docs: "Events and Listeners"
https://www.jamroom.net/the-jamroom-network/documentation/module-developer-guide/1011/events-and-listeners
pending.jpg
pending.jpg  •  65KB

sees.jpg
sees.jpg  •  39KB

mail.jpg
mail.jpg  •  57KB

alt=
K_K
@k-k
6 years ago
88 posts
Thanks, I will check those out.