Style Editor

sekeri
sekeri
@ilker
6 years ago
334 posts
I have Follow me skin and would like to change font-weight for h1 h2 and h3 tags in html.css. This is possible via Style Editor. But even if my change is saved properly it does not have any effects . I can see it when I inspect the rendered page.

When I go and change the html.css file in the server it works. But I am tired of doing it again and again after each update.

h1, h2, h3 {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    font-weight: 800;
}

updated by @ilker: 01/08/19 09:38:59PM
michael
@michael
6 years ago
7,692 posts
First suggestion would be to clone the Follow Me skin so that the updates do not over-write your changes.

Second suggestion would be to put all your changes in a separate .css file outside of the skin, then add that in to the skins include.php file to be included. This way there would only be one thing to do after updates, re-add in that include line.

Third suggestion would be to find the right thing to tweak in the Style Editor so that your changes stick.
sekeri
sekeri
@ilker
6 years ago
334 posts
Thank you Michael. I think I can use the second suggestion until Style Editor works the way it's meant to be.
sekeri
sekeri
@ilker
6 years ago
334 posts
Another big problem I see related to css of Follow me is that:

I want to change the color of the links on blogs (generally in texts) which is normally blue and underlined in most cases. But in Follow me skin it is used in so many places like action texts, titles, breadcrumbs so that it is not possible to change it. The only way to do it to go each class and change it explicitly in order not to destroy general look of the skin. This is so much effort and almost impossible to maintain against updates.
brian
@brian
6 years ago
10,136 posts
I've tested this here and see no issues with the h1, h2 and h3 tags. See my screenshots.

--
Brian Johnson
Founder and Lead Developer - Jamroom
https://www.jamroom.net

Tags