forum link on top menu

resif
@resif
6 years ago
187 posts
how can show forum link on top menu at elastic2

i tried sitename/forum url on menu editor but didnt work...
updated by @resif: 01/19/19 09:26:48AM
douglas
@douglas
6 years ago
2,767 posts
Since the forum is a profile feature, not a site feature, the URL will have to be sitename/profilename/forum

You could create a quota and profile named community, or something like that, and make the site forum be that profile.

Hope this helps!

--

Douglas Hackney
Jamroom Team - Designer/Developer/Support
FAQ-Docs-Help Videos
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
Just as another example, I created a quota as a clone off my master admin quota, and named the new quota "Forum Quota". Then I created anew master admin Profile for myself, and named that one profile Forums, and put it in that quota as the only profile in that quota. The Forum Quota is the only quota that I've allowed/activated the Forums Module for- meaning that only profiles in that quota can 'own'/create discussion forums.
Then, in my site's top navigation links, I created a link named "Forums" and that link goes to the forum area of the profile named "Forums". That means when a member clicks the top link to Forums, they get taken here, where they see all the discussion forum categories or latest site discussions:
https://fotmd.com/forums/forum

-note that in the above URL, "forums" is the name of the profile I created for the Forums Quota... and "forum" is the large site-wide forum owned by that one profile, and used by all the members. You can create categories within your forums.
If for example I had named the one forum-owning profile "William" instead of "Forums", then my site's main forum would be located at (mysite.com)/william/forum .
Hope this helps a little in understanding the structure.

--
...just another satisfied Jamroom customer.
Migrated from Ning to Jamroom June 2015
resif
@resif
6 years ago
187 posts
@strumelia i didnt like its really weird
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
How do you want it to be instead then?

--
resif
@resif
6 years ago
187 posts
sitename.com/forum @strumelia
i didnt like it... i said
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
3,602 posts
Yes I understand that you don't don't like it. but- What do you want it to be like ?

Are you maybe wanting a site forum that is not 'owned' by a profile?
I think I remember that a couple years ago JR user Perry had a custom "Discussion" module created in order for her to get threaded forum discussions that were not owned by a profile. Perhaps the Jamroom Team can remember that and maybe it would suit your purpose in this case? Hard to remember, it was a while ago.

--
gary.moncrieff
gary.moncrieff
@garymoncrieff
6 years ago
865 posts
You will need to do something custom if you want to remap the URL, you could always create a community profile, then the URL is site name/community/forums, depending on your site the community profile could become the main social hub!

Tags